Windows 10: windows 10 Is over saturating my photos

Discus and support windows 10 Is over saturating my photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Ver.20H2 now upgraded to 21H1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650CPU Intel Corei7Benq New monitor calibrated with Xrite i Display Pro two weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eariePW, Aug 9, 2021.

1. eariePW Win User

windows 10 Is over saturating my photos

Windows 10 Home Ver.20H2 now upgraded to 21H1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650CPU Intel Corei7Benq New monitor calibrated with Xrite i Display Pro two weeks agoA few days ago after a Windows update for version 20H2 I suddenly had over saturated images when viewing them in the slide show. Then it happened when viewing them with the photo app. I thought it may have been Windows Photo App &. as I use Photoshop I decided to remove windows Photo App but it made no difference.Today it is now happening in Fast Raw Viewer App. I also tried Windows Paint & Snip Tool to open the images and it happe

:)

eariePW, Aug 9, 2021
  2. Tom_WC Win User

Windows 10 default photo app, saturates photos additionally when displaying.

Your reply seems to have disappeared; here's what I got:

Thanks for your reply. Personally I've noticed that with all the photos, compared to other apps, the default Windows photo app saturates them extra.

But my point is basically, however it "enhances" photos to make them look "best", is what shouldn't be happening, when the "enhancing" option is switched off. It should then adhere to only the colour space (sRGB). It's there for
    a reason, devices adhering to it, iphones and apps, browsers.

The big question is whether Photos' Edit function produces an image that's the same on other people's machines. As far as I can tell, we're safe there - the output looks the same on both Photos and FastStone.

That wouldn't make sense if saturation was consistently overdone so I suggest this experiment - using an alternate editor, increase saturation on an image until it matches what Photos shows. Then open it with Photos. When I do this the image is identical.

Tom_WC, Aug 9, 2021
  3. pHneutral Win User

Hi there,

Anyone else notices the Windows 10 default photo app additionally saturates photos when displaying, compared to other photo software, and browsers? Even when the option to "enhance photos" is switched off?

It's a bit annoying as a photographer. If I end up sending photos to clients, and they view it on their Windows 10 PC, I don't want it to be extra saturated, since I work (calibrated) and specifically for proper viewing within the sRGB profile.

Regards,

Dennis

pHneutral, Aug 9, 2021
  4. pHneutral Win User

Thanks for your reply.

Today I actually conducted my personal experiment, of comparing the saturation between photos being displayed in the browsers (Both Edge & Chrome) and other apps, on three different Windows 10 machines.

Turns out, not just the Photos app, but also Paint 3D and Edge, display the photos more saturated than Lightroom, Photoshop, and Chrome. Lightroom, Photoshop, and Chrome all three display photos less saturated than other apps, as I've now also measured.
    FastStone I've tried too, and it's indeed the same as the Photos app and FastStone.

So now I'm quite confused...I have to think what to do next...

pHneutral, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 Is over saturating my photos - Similar Threads - saturating photos

2. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen color is over saturated: and i dont know how to get it back to its original vibrant colors i am using a DESKTOP-EUJ1046 and it is pretty new, yet i recently hit the corner of my keyboard, near the escape ! and f1 buttons, after a few minuetes my screen looked over saturated...
  3. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen color is over saturated: and i dont know how to get it back to its original vibrant colors i am using a DESKTOP-EUJ1046 and it is pretty new, yet i recently hit the corner of my keyboard, near the escape ! and f1 buttons, after a few minuetes my screen looked over saturated...
  4. My screen color is over saturated

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Color Saturation changing after a Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Saturation changing after a Blue Screen: I got a blue screen, and after that, my color saturation is always changing by herself. I already tried to change that using the Color Calibrator, but didn't. I really need help on this....
  6. Color Saturation changing after a Blue Screen

Color Saturation changing after a Blue Screen: I got a blue screen, and after that, my color saturation is always changing by herself. I already tried to change that using the Color Calibrator, but didn't. I really need help on this....
  7. Photos appear much more saturated in file explorer thumbnail, and on other people's computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos appear much more saturated in file explorer thumbnail, and on other people's computers: So I've sent some photos over to a client, and their comment back to me was that the photos are too saturated. Upon sharing screenshots of my photos to them, I completely agreed second image below. On my end, however, they appear way more desaturated first image below, no...
  8. Photos appear much more saturated in file explorer thumbnail, and on other people's computers

Photos appear much more saturated in file explorer thumbnail, and on other people's computers: So I've sent some photos over to a client, and their comment back to me was that the photos are too saturated. Upon sharing screenshots of my photos to them, I completely agreed second image below. On my end, however, they appear way more desaturated first image below, no...
  9. Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated: The welcome screen photos are surely meant to be attractive, but at least on my Dell XPS 15 they are horribly over-saturated, like a cheap post-card. Over-saturation is not a problem in apps like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks....
  10. Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated

Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated: The welcome screen photos are surely meant to be attractive, but at least on my Dell XPS 15 they are horribly over-saturated, like a cheap post-card. Over-saturation is not a problem in apps like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks....