Windows 10: Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net.

Discus and support Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 for the first time 2 weeks ago on a new system. Several times now I have installed a program, had it working properly, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SenorBeef, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net.

I installed windows 10 for the first time 2 weeks ago on a new system. Several times now I have installed a program, had it working properly, and then had it disappear from both the start menu and the windows 10 installed apps list. One of those programs is blizzard's battle.net. I installed it, it was working fine... then it was just not on my start menu or anywhere. The files (under c:\program files) were still there, but windows just didn't acknowledge it was installed. There was another one that did the same thing, but I can't remember which program it was.

So then today I notice that my xbox app, which I installed on Dec 24, was nowhere to be found. I even went into c:\program files\WindowsApps (after having to take ownership of the whole directory and change permissions to view the files, and even then it only lets me view some of them) and found that the xbox app folders were still there, still dated 12/24, but the xbox app was nowhere to be found on my start menu or installed programs. When I went to the windows store, it asked if I wanted to install/download the program rather than run it.

So, fine, I went to the MS store and reinstalled it. I had installed a few games from gamepass on the xbox app, but they were missing. The biggest of which was Forza Horizon 4 at around 95GB. Nowhere to be found.

I tried to figure out where it would be stored, to see if I could "discover" those files somehow rather than redownloading all of them, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Would they also be installed under c:\program files\windows apps?

Does anyone know why Windows is uninstalling my apps? I haven't uninstalled any apps. I did recently activate windows, but I don't think that's the cause because the battle.net app uninstalled itself before then. Otherwise I haven't made any major system changes or reverted to any restore points or anything like that. And I know windows 10 can force you to uninstall apps it considers dangerous, but certainly it's own xbox app isn't included in that.

A) Does anyone know why Windows is just randomly uninstalling programs, both normal .exe programs and its own windows store programs? Is there some log I can check for an explanation?

B) Is there somewhere I can look for those Forza Horizon 4 files and "discover"/reinstall them rather than redownloading another 100gb?

submitted by /u/SenorBeef
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SenorBeef, Jan 3, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

C# .net windows apps programming

hi,
    i am having a very hard time on finding a book on C# .net windows apps programming.
    Can anyway help with this? I means how to create desktop windows applications using C# with .net framework.
    I know video tutorials, i want to learn through a book.

GSquadron, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net.

Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net.

1. Windows 10 is randomly uninstalling programs like xbox app, battle.net. - Similar Threads - randomly uninstalling programs

2. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  3. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  4. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battle net/call of duty crashing my computer while randomly playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battle net/call of duty crashing my computer while randomly playing.: Ok, so when I play a call of duty if its warzone or cold war I will randomly have my pc crash and get error codes, so I went to blizzard to see if it was the battle net application. They told me to do some scan in the cmd prompt and they said if I get an error code to come...
  6. Battle net/call of duty crashing my computer while randomly playing.

Battle net/call of duty crashing my computer while randomly playing.: Ok, so when I play a call of duty if its warzone or cold war I will randomly have my pc crash and get error codes, so I went to blizzard to see if it was the battle net application. They told me to do some scan in the cmd prompt and they said if I get an error code to come...
  7. Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps

Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps: I have a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to uninstall the Xbox apps which I desire to do because I don't use them I don't even own an Xbox and need to free up the space. I'm aware that Windows deliberately prevents traditional uninstalling because it's a...
  8. How to uninstall Xbox App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Xbox App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you install Windows 10, there are few Microsoft apps which are either provisioned or installed as part of the OS. They might not be useful, but Microsoft recommends some essential apps like the Calculator to be available when you [...] This post How to...
  9. How to uninstall Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall Xbox app?: I want to uninstall Xbox app from my deice running Windows 10. Recommend how. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-xbox-app/4e75f7dd-8995-4384-a7a9-7bd7bbbc0e11
  10. Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10

Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10: How do I delete Xbox app from Windows 10? ***Original title: How do I delete Xbox?*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-xbox-app-on-windows-10/d201c0fb-d9c3-403d-8bbe-008d5cdf42f3