Windows 10: Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it...

Discus and support Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zulfikhan0336 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zulfikhan0336, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it...

/u/Zulfikhan0336, Mar 1, 2020
  2. cooloutac Win User

Surround sound does not work proper after upgrade to windows 10.

After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, surround sound does not work properly. Whether using analog or digital.
    First of all, 5.1 now has side speakers available instead of rear speakers. I had to actually unplug from rear channel and plug into side channel to get surround speakers working. But it still does not sound right, it does not sound as it should. Not like it did in win 7 I don't think this is proper format and mapping. Using the same exact drivers in win 7, I get rear speaker option (not side channels) and it sounds proper.

Furthermore, When watching videos in vlc, wmp, or browsers. THX Trustudio surround settings have no affect on sound. And Neither do any of the realtek control panel enhancements. Only time realtek enchancements have an affect is when playing mp3 file formats in wmp in stereo mode.

Updating to the latest realtek driver does not fix this issue. I believe this is a Microsoft windows 10 issue. One of the things MS has always had over linux is better sound and surround sound controls. This is a huge step backwards and a disappointing experience.

Also I notice now under codec it says alc3220 instead of alc887 like on win 7. So I think it is not recognizing the correct hardware?

Thanks,

Rich.

cooloutac, Mar 1, 2020
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Mar 1, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it...

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it... :p

cadaveca, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it...

1. Windows 10 is recognising headphones as speakers Not getting 7.1 surround sound option it... - Similar Threads - recognising headphones speakers

2. Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.: Browsed the Internet for quite a while but couldn't find any fixes on this issue...apparently it is because the Bluetooth speaker has a mic so it is identified as "Handsfree Headphones"... I have done some basic methods and troubleshooting like reinstalling drivers or...
  3. Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.: Browsed the Internet for quite a while but couldn't find any fixes on this issue...apparently it is because the Bluetooth speaker has a mic so it is identified as "Handsfree Headphones"... I have done some basic methods and troubleshooting like reinstalling drivers or...
  4. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  5. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  6. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  8. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  9. Headphones are recognised but no sound (Windows 10)

Headphones are recognised but no sound (Windows 10): Hello all, I hope you are having a good day. I've been having the following issue since yesterday: My headphones are recognised by Windows and the sound meter is even active when I play something, but I cannot hear a single thing. I already tried other headphones that didn't...
  10. Headphones recognised as speakers

Headphones recognised as speakers: So headphones recognised as speakers and I cant control volume its either 0 or 100, I have tried reinstalling drivers and etc. nothing worked, hope anyone can help......