Windows 10: Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible?

Discus and support Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive read some other threads on the topic. Some folks mentioned that this worked back in Windows XP. Others mentioned it works fine- you just have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NOAHEDELSON1, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible?

Ive read some other threads on the topic. Some folks mentioned that this worked back in Windows XP. Others mentioned it works fine- you just have to go to File, Close rather than click the 'X' to close a window, and its position / extents size will be saved. That doesn't seem to work for me though. I think of that as the 'Windows' part of the Windows Operating system. It would be great to have it working correctly. : For me, when I click on a link to a folder or the folder itself, it always opens in the place that the last folder I closed previously was. Subsequent folders are casc

:)

NOAHEDELSON1, Aug 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Folder Size & Position resets to last Open Folder

I cannot find a setting in the Folder settings where I can set my folder size, type, position to be unique from other folders. When I close one folder and then open another the new folder inherits the same size and position of the last open folder.

Is there a way to change this?

The icon settings for each folder are saving properly. So if I want to see a list of files in one folder but have large icons in other folder there is no problem.

So this question is limited JUST to the size and position of the folder when its opened. Seems like XP had a setting where each folder could have its own unique position and size. Does Windows 10 have the same options? If not why not?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IBBeachBum, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible?

Windows 10 - Folder Size & Position resets to last Open Folder

It has been this way since I activated the system. Folder is sized one way. I then close it. Next folder to open is sized the way as the folder I just closed instead of its last size. Not sure why this would need an image to help you.

Its all about the folder inheriting the last known size and position of the folder that was last closed.

I want my folders to open to THEIR last known size and position. Not the one I just closed. Hope that makes sense.

IBBeachBum, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible?

1. Windows 10- is restoring folders to their previously opened position/size possible? - Similar Threads - restoring folders previously

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  5. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  6. restore desktop icons positions to previous

restore desktop icons positions to previous: I set my Desktop icons in a personal way. Whenever I go to PCaccess to PC the icons moved to a different unwanted position. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-desktop-icons-positions-to-previous/21fb17d4-20a9-4228-a14a-27ce69e9a978
  7. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  8. window size and position

window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  9. Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder sizes and positions in Windows 10: I have two laptops (stopped using desktops years ago) that came with Windows 7 Pro. As MS will stop supporting W 7 next year, I decided to buy a new W 10 Pro licence and install onto a separate drive. I am a heavy user of Windows Explorer for displaying the contents of...
  10. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....