Windows 10: Windows 10 is running slow!

Discus and support Windows 10 is running slow! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My specs: Dell E6400 Bios version A30 Dual DDR2 SDRAM 2048MB 800MHZ Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 Ghz Nvidia Quadro Nvs 160M 256Mb 320GB Hitachi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shineca, Jul 23, 2018.

1. shineca Win User

Windows 10 is running slow!

My specs:

Dell E6400
    Bios version A30
    Dual DDR2 SDRAM 2048MB 800MHZ
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 Ghz
    Nvidia Quadro Nvs 160M 256Mb
    320GB Hitachi HTS545032B9A300
    Windows 10 Education

My windows is running sort of slow. I was wondering is it because of my hardware? I just did a clean install and its still slow. Can someone help me?

:)

shineca, Jul 23, 2018

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 23, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is running slow! - Similar Threads - running slow

2. My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running slow: I can't play some of my games properly due to slow performance of my computer. Tried to install updates but its giving me some error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-slow/314a6116-8018-4e61-8a48-8315469d086a
  3. My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running slow: I can't play some of my games properly due to slow performance of my computer. Tried to install updates but its giving me some error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-slow/314a6116-8018-4e61-8a48-8315469d086a
  4. My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.: I can't figure out what is causing my laptop to be slow all of a sudden. One day it was acting fine, then the next, it was very laggy and having trouble opening up applications. What I have done so far:Did a hard reset. This removed all downloaded applications, but kept my...
  6. Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.

Laptop is slow, even after a hard reset, running a clean boot and running a Memory diagnostics.: I can't figure out what is causing my laptop to be slow all of a sudden. One day it was acting fine, then the next, it was very laggy and having trouble opening up applications. What I have done so far:Did a hard reset. This removed all downloaded applications, but kept my...
  7. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  8. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  9. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

10. Why is my processor running so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my processor running so slow?: My processor is running at 0.2 ghz when the base says 2.5 ghz. I have updated drivers, windows updates and ran a HP stess test The stress test said I passed yet I never saw it go past .2 ghz while the test was prefrmed. Could it be a windows 11 patch or update bug?...