Windows 10: Windows 10 is running slowly

Discus and support Windows 10 is running slowly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 runs sooo slowly. Is there anyone who can help with instructions for 2019? I've checked the community but all the links for the same problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErikaWolska1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is running slowly

Windows 10 runs sooo slowly. Is there anyone who can help with instructions for 2019? I've checked the community but all the links for the same problem are for windows 8 or are too old to be relevant. Microsoft jargon is not plain English and for those of us with a brain yet no software experience it is a nightmare. Can't a response be combined with screenshots so I can know I'm starting from the correct place? Surely everyone at Microsoft does binary? Yes? No?

:)

ErikaWolska1, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
  3. BlackOwl Win User
    Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is running slowly

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is running slowly

1. Windows 10 is running slowly - Similar Threads - running slowly

2. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  3. My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly runs all games very slowly except for one.: HiMy laptop has been working fine but has suddenly set rates running all games laggy except for genshin impacts. All the games i can’t play are on the lowest setting but genshin impact is on high graphics?! The other games i’m playing have similar requirements so i don’t...
  4. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  5. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  6. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  7. Programs run slowly

Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  8. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  10. PC running slowly

PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...