Windows 10: Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Discus and support Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jul 31, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Source

:)

labeeman, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Kimmy12C Win User

Feature update to Windows 10 version 1709

My Windows 10 update to version 1709 is so so so slow (4 days already, and now it is at "Preparing to install 67%") and it slows down my Notebook PC to a point of not responding. Last night the "Preparing to install was at 66%, and this morning it is
    at 67%. Is this normal? Can I do something to speed up the installation process?

Kimmy12C, Jul 31, 2015
  3. no sound on Windows 10, but device is said to be working well

Thanks for your reply. I received two responses and the other one seemed easier. It worked. I did, however, learn how to access Trubleshooting and windows update through the start window. I am printing your response for future use. Larry

Lawrence J G, Jul 31, 2015
  4. BillyBob Win User

Looks like people love freebies, me too, I upgraded another 2 today, so 67 million and 2.

BillyBob, Jul 31, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

8 VM's !!!!! upgraded so far -- Good thing about VM's is that they have IDENTICAL hardware !!. Upgraded one and cloned to the rest. All activated properly.

In the old days I used to have to use TechNet for this type of stuff but now until Ms sorts out the download mania grab as many freebies as you can !!!

I actually LIKE W10 -- makes my old W7 system look Old and painfully slow.

Actually I'm surprised Ms didn't use Bittorrent for delivery instead of spending humungous amounts of money on extra bandwidth and servers -- Bittorrent if used legally with secure servers and trackers is a perfectly sensible way of satisfying this type of demand --what will Ms do with all those servers after this initial frenzy is over " psst- want to buy some cheap hardware !!!!".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    In addition to cloning VMware images, you can also create a backup image, via Macrium for example, of the running OS in VMware and restore it to a physical machine. This worked for Windows 8.1 and I don't recall, if the license had to reactivated or not. It probably did it in the background, but after a year or so Windows 8.1 still runs just fine on my PC...

About to try doing the same for Windows 10, just curious if it'll work....

Cr00zng, Jul 31, 2015
  7. fjk61011 Win User
    and 4

fjk61011, Jul 31, 2015
  8. fjk61011 Win User

There's an option in the Updates page which seems to be some kind of BitTorrent.

fjk61011, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Antilope Win User
    Microsoft should have put Clippy in Windows 10 and it would have been more successful. (Just kidding *Wink )

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already [​IMG]

Antilope, Jul 31, 2015
  10. snoopy51 Win User
    How about Bob!

Completely converted all five machines to Windows 10 Prof. Running fine without any problem!

snoopy51, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Is this the most used OS for pc now?

Remian8985, Aug 1, 2015
  12. No thanks.

Attachment 27760

LovingWindows, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

- 2 here. Installed 10 on 2 x 8.1 with Media Center. Took am image of 8.1 with Macrium Reflect free. 10 worked fine but the text on my monitors looked like crap. Not my monitors as it looks extremely sharp on the same hardware in 7. So took an image of 10 and restored 8.1 for the time being. Got to do a Jimbo and upgrade some of my Virtual machines to 10 (other than the insider VM's). I can restore 10 in five mins once they have stuck out some graphic subsystem fixes. Once again not my monitors or graphics card it is the OS.

Indianatone, Aug 1, 2015
  14. tinmar49 Win User
    I've got it on three, from W7hp64 and two W8.1 pro64. None would update automatically, and I Googled "W10 ISO download". This Microsoft site installs a small program and you then get a choice to download an ISO or start the upgrade straight away.

tinmar49, Aug 1, 2015
  15. YOU
    You Win User

Thema:

1. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already - Similar Threads - said running million

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  4. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  5. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  6. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  7. Windows 10 update sticks at 67%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update sticks at 67%: I just happened to notice tonight when I checked for updates, it said Updates are available and showed 67%. After a bit, I checked back and it was obvious it was stuck and going no where fast. I rebooted the machine and see now it is at 45% and apparently stuck again. Is...
  8. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...
  10. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...