Windows 10: Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Discus and support Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thank "YOU" , I love it! *Cool Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Thank "YOU" , I love it!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Antilope Win User

Installed on 4 desktop PC's and 4 laptops in our house. Everyone loves Windows 10. No problems with the 8 upgrades. Six of the upgrades were from Windows 7 and 2 were from Windows 8.1.

Antilope, Aug 2, 2015
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

even MY MUM likes it -- she Hated W8 and went back to XP (or she made me re-install it for her) -- she didn't really like W7 either !!!! however such is the "Logic of Women" that she finds NO problem whatsoever with W10 and LIKES the live tiles.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Frank1 Win User

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

If I had to take a guess I would say yes. In my opinion, this is the reason MS is giving it free to so many users. They now can say, "WOW--they are all ours now!"

Frank1, Aug 3, 2015
  5. No.
    67 million users is less than the number of W8 Series users, XP users and far less than W7 users.

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already [​IMG]

NetMarketShare

lehnerus2000, Aug 3, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

But How long has W7 or even XP been out.

I don't think that W10 has done too badly at all since for "The Great Unwashed" it's only been available for less than a week. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Unless all those new Windows 10 users are Computer Guru's or experts in reprogramming W-10, there's going to be an awful lot of calls to either MS or their local PC Service tech.

I reset many of the system defaults in Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 and the upgrade to Win-10 takes all those back to Windows Default.
    Worldwide, I see that happening a lot and there will be a lot of very unhappy people after they get the Automatic Upgrade to W-10.

I've seen it on my own computers and there are at least six things I have to reset after the upgrade to get back to how I want things to work. Just two biggies for me, Windows Mail will be disabled (that's MY email program) and System Restore is shut off.
    I have to turn that back ON, so I can get my daily System Restore Point created.

I'm just waiting for my phone to start ringing.
    I've already had one call, from an old customer, who's son had reserved the FREE Upgrade, and he didn't want it.

Only time will tell, how many people actually get and keep Windows 10.

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

I was referring to the query asking if W10 is the most widely used Desktop OS.

IIRC, W7 had a similar market share before its release.

Interestingly enough, W10 is already poised to overtake a stack of OS X versions
    It should probably overtake Vista, W8 and Linux Distros in a few weeks.

lehnerus2000, Aug 3, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Not having Go at you -- (although some English friends of mine will be looking at the Cricket this week !!) but I don't see how one could even THINK that after merely 1 week it would be the most widely used Desktop --it's not doing too bad though --I'll bet Ms just wished W8 / W8.1 had had the same sort of generally positive reception.

Talking of Cricket --I had to laugh when I heard a few Americans in a Sports Bar in Brussels recently -- OK you guys are playing a "TEST" Match --when does the "REAL" Match start !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Indeed it is all Linux is delivered that way.

11. Snakeyes Win User
    You don't monkey around.

Snakeyes, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Leopard Win User
    There is a big difference between getting W10 and keeping it. The first week has seen a lot of good results but also a lot of frustration leading to many reinstalling the previous OS. MS will no doubt tell you that 67 million have upgraded, but they will not tell you how many downgraded. I would expect a good number are not saying NEVER, and are waiting for the kinks to be ironed out. The percentage for W8 should drop dramatically within the first year - anyone keeping it is possibly unaware of the W10 upgrade being offered for free for one year. I have friends and family members who were unaware - not a surprise really as they use smart phones most of the time and their PCs are rarely used. They are not forum junkies, TV watchers or internet news subscribers. The jewel in the crown is the W7 users. The obstinate and most difficult to move is the business & government - short of threats, they will move like snails on a hot summers day. Must be quite a few illegitimate copies of W10 out there by now. Does MS include the pirated copies in the numbers of W10 users to date. They can't be counting licenses sold. Last I heard was that 60% of China PCs have pirated copies of Windows installed.

Leopard, Aug 3, 2015
  13. Traijan Win User

I thought they were using some "windows" proprietary bittorrent type of system as I found something the other night in the Windows update settings (I think that's where it was) that I changed that said updates would be transferred around either my local network or my local network and to other users on the internet. So I chose only on my local network as I really don't have any bandwidth to spare at home. But I don't know how they're doing it or not but that was what I was thinking they were already doing.

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015
  14. And, they are not telling you how many FAILED. I have three Win7 PCs. Win10 failed on two -- the ones I tried. Left one in such a bad state that I'm still doing cleanup! Spent over an hour on the phone with HP support, and they are swamped with calls from folks in similar situations -- expected the upgrade to go smoothly only to trash their machines.

Mark Phelps, Aug 3, 2015
  15. Windows 10 installs reach 18 million over launch weekend; not 67 million

Might want to update the thread with these more accurate numbers. As much as 67 millions would have been amazing, it does feel a lot more realistic to see numbers in the 18 million range. Still impressive nonetheless, even if a few have gone back or reverted(as posters above me have alluded too) No way it's going to really drops down bellow 18 million. There would be some big alarms if millions of people were reverting back. *Smile Not to discredit any problems some have faced either no worries in waiting it out a few months.

welcometoheaven, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already - Similar Threads - said running million

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  4. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  5. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  6. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  7. Windows 10 update sticks at 67%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update sticks at 67%: I just happened to notice tonight when I checked for updates, it said Updates are available and showed 67%. After a bit, I checked back and it was obvious it was stuck and going no where fast. I rebooted the machine and see now it is at 45% and apparently stuck again. Is...
  8. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...
  10. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...