Windows 10: Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Discus and support Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Upgraded 4 PC's here. No roll backs, don't expect to either. 10 is staying. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

Upgraded 4 PC's here. No roll backs, don't expect to either. 10 is staying.

alphanumeric, Aug 4, 2015

2. agreed ^

Windows 10 runs as smooth as a babies bottom on my machine.

welcometoheaven, Aug 4, 2015
  3. To test the most used operating system will really come when people have to pay for Windows 10.

Free candy is much harder to get rid of when you have to sell it.

Layback Bear, Aug 4, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

There it is boys and girls, Microsoft does it again. . .it can only be MS's fault. . .*sarc

5. Carol5xy Win User
    Greetings;
    Still waiting for my download to come in-hopefully soon and hopefully all will be well. I have done backups of my files, etc on an external Hard Drive for a just in case. Just do not want the personal assistant-Cortana. I have a Lenovo B50-30 ten point touch desktop-27 inches/i7/12 GB and 2TB currently with Windows 8.1.

Carol

Carol5xy, Aug 4, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto

7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    It would appear that those who were part of the Insider Program have had far fewer problems then those who weren't. Those on the Insider Program in most cases reinstalled their original OS prior to the update thus giving them a fairly clean install. . .*Smile

8. bondr006 Win User

Hey all. Great forum you have here. 3 laptops upgraded from 8.1 with no problems. I did not wait for my reservation. I went directly to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 on all 3 machines. Running smooth as butter. I have been using Windows since 3.1 and I already like 10 the best.

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already [​IMG]

Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already [​IMG]

bondr006, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Anyone know what the current installed number is? It has to be huge by now.

Ztruker, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    Jimbo,
    (I think I know the answer already) but, are you running those in VirtualBox or VMWare? Because I have an install on VMWare and it has so many issues, sound lags, limited mic functions, etc. Just curious.

Trust_No1, Aug 4, 2015
  11. Most people will not have to directly buy windows 10.......... After the one year period if someone is still on windows 7 and they want 10, they will go out and buy a new laptop with it already installed. Those who build their computers or like to buy software will not have a problem as they understand the cost of what they are buying.

This isn't a jab at you, I just don't understand where you are coming from. It is ok to dislike or hate windows 10, it's another thing to suggest we will all have to pay as if it's any different than how windows 7 or 8 were released. Unless I'm completely miss understanding what you mean. *Biggrin

welcometoheaven, Aug 4, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Envy sleekbook (HP) upgraded with absolutely NO trouble.

In any case if you ensure that you take a backup BEFORE upgrade (I must be getting as bored writing this as others are of reading it !!!) you will have ABSOLUTELY ZERO problem in restoring a PC to it's previous state if the upgrade doesn't go as planned.

These days with Indian etc. overseas Call centres staffed on the whole by people on minimum wages I'd have thought that almost any person even THINKING of fixing any computer would avoid calling the manufacturer's Call centre AT ALL COSTS !!!

it's usually the same deal whatever service or whatever country you are in -- Hideous menu with options that don't describe what you want, message "Due to high volume of calls ..etc" Long long wait and when you do eventually get through then there's someone speaking unintelligible English and only making answers that appear on a "pre-prepared crib sheet". They can't even do as they used to YEARS AGO either tell you how many are waiting in the Queue - or do an automatic call back when it's your turn.

BACKUP and RESTORE will fix all your problems of having a non working computer -- nobody should EVER be left with an inoperable computer after attempting an upgrade -- Again ALWAYS BACKUP EXISTING SYSTEM BEFORE STARTING.

Then you can restore while you decide what further actions to take on performing the upgrade or wait a few days and see if the problem has been fixed elsewhere.

@Trust_No1 Ensure the VMware is running at the latest version (11.02 if workstation or whatever VMPLAYER is --I don't use VBOX so I'm not sure what their current release is). Also install VMWARE TOOLS.

The VM's shouldn't be slow or laggy at all these days - vm software is very efficient -- You MUST have adequate RAM and perhaps even more importantly SLOW HDD's will KILL VM performance - even if you have an I7 CPU or equivalent. If you can have the VM's on SSD's the speed difference will be AMAZING (as will the HOST OS if you can have that on an SSD too).

On an average AMD (Hideous processor - it's being replaced soon) with about the power of a LOW end i5 with 16 GB RAM and fitted with a few SSD's - I've had W7 Ultimate, W7 Enterprise, W10 insider preview, W10 RTM (retail version), XP, W8.1 Enterprise, W2003 Server and W7 Pro all running on the HOST machine (running CENTOS LINUX rel 7) concurrently. I.e 8 VM's.

While Linux as a HOST is probably more efficient than Windows I'm sure I could have run all these VM's on a decent Windows HOST OS too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

My Vmware VMs run better on Linux Distro Hosts than on Windows Hosts.

lehnerus2000, Aug 4, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    It's most likely they counted in all those OEM licenses sent to manufacturers.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  15. I concur. Always make an backup of your files. Specifically, backup your system to a system image. Have all updates installed and disable or uninstall antivirus before upgrading. Check your AV site after upgrading to be sure there is a version that works with windows 10. Sometimes, you can even use the same key you previously used before with the new version. And always have on hand any new drivers available before upgrading. Microsoft may not have all drivers on hand when it went RTM and it's the device manufacturer responsibility to submit one that works before the final RTM release. If it didn't make it, it'll be on their website. Hopefully, nobody becomes unlucky by not having a driver for Windows 10. Do not fully trust the advisor as it can be wrong.

I'm using Windows 10 on a I3 6GB system. Can't complain about performance as it's faster than Windows 7 on the same machine.

GamerwGlasses, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already - Similar Threads - said running million

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  4. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  5. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  6. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  7. Windows 10 update sticks at 67%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update sticks at 67%: I just happened to notice tonight when I checked for updates, it said Updates are available and showed 67%. After a bit, I checked back and it was obvious it was stuck and going no where fast. I rebooted the machine and see now it is at 45% and apparently stuck again. Is...
  8. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...
  10. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...