Windows 10: Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes, I put my laptop in sleep for a break. If I come back quickly enough, it turns on again and I can continue my work. But if I leave it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VishalBag, Feb 8, 2021.

1. VishalBag Win User

Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

Sometimes, I put my laptop in sleep for a break. If I come back quickly enough, it turns on again and I can continue my work. But if I leave it for long enough, when I open my laptop, I find that it has been shut down and is now booting up. I can't quite say after how much time Windows 10 decides to shut down, but I have noticed that whenever it happens, I have been away from my laptop for at least an hour. So, I have two questions: 1 Why is Windows 10 doing this? 2 How can I stop this?

Here are my specs:

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14ARE05

CPU: Ryzen 7 4700u

GPU: Integrated GPU.

RAM: 16 GB

P.S. Just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance.

:)

VishalBag, Feb 8, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

1. Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - shutting down sleep

2. Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode: Hello. I am using Dell Latitude 7390 with Windows 22H2 OS Build 22621.1702. Windows system is fully updated among with all drivers via Dell Support Assist software. The problem is that when I put my PC into sleep mode - it shuts down. Things I tried:1. Power option ->...
  3. Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode: Hello. I am using Dell Latitude 7390 with Windows 22H2 OS Build 22621.1702. Windows system is fully updated among with all drivers via Dell Support Assist software. The problem is that when I put my PC into sleep mode - it shuts down. Things I tried:1. Power option ->...
  4. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  5. Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windwos 10 keeps shutting down after entering sleep mode: It has been going on for a while and started all of a sudden, and during multiple builds. I usually put my PC in sleep mode instead of shutting it down, but lately, when I go to use it again it is turned off, this happens after some time in sleep mode, it's not automatic, and...
  6. PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?: I usually put my computer to sleep once I am done for the night but when I get back up in the morning to turn it on it just boots up from shut down mode instead of sleep mode. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Causes Shut Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode Causes Shut Down: Hello I recently downloaded the latest Windows 10 update via restart. Now, whenever I close my computer lid or press the Power Button to put the device to Sleep, every time I wake it up by opening the lid or pressing the Power Button again, it boots up as though it was...
  8. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode: I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20. When I close the lid or briefly push the power button, the laptop properly goes into the Sleep Mode this is the way I have it...
  9. Windows 10 sleep mode gets shut down

Windows 10 sleep mode gets shut down: Hi, I'm facing a problem, when my computer is in sleep mode, after some time it gets shut down. I have recently bought new laptop HP Spectre x360 15" last month and having Windows 10 1909 version. Please assist me. Really appreciate your help. Thank you!...
  10. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...