Windows 10: Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

Discus and support Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've came here hoping I could find a solution to my annoying problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909 and for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Satoscio, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Satoscio Win User

Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've came here hoping I could find a solution to my annoying problem.
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909 and for a few weeks, creating folders, renaming and deleting them takes quite a while to complete (around 10 seconds or so).
    I've tried a lot of solutions that didn't help me in the end, such as running "sfc /scannow" or chkdsk.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Satoscio, Mar 3, 2020

2. Desktopini created instead of a folder renaming

Every time I try to rename a folder on my PC (Windows 10 Pro), instead of renaming the file, it creates a desktop.ini folder, and inside of it is the following information

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=

After LocalizedResourceName= is the name of the folder that I renamed it to. So if it was Folder1 and I rename it to Folder2, that file will say:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=Folder2

... but the actual foldername will still be Folder1

Searching the Internet lists a bunch of random suggestions, none of which work. Anyone know why this happens? I'm pretty close to abandoning File Explorer, as it seems to be the cause of this issue.

FrustratedUser1966, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

Windows 10 file explorer slow to create or delete folder names

I was experiencing the same issue on a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. While googling for a solution I saw someone suggest uninstalling OneDrive. This fixed the issue immediately - no more delay when right clicking, no delay in creating new folders, deleting
    folders or renaming them, and explorer windows are opening in an instant.

GrantColloty, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

1. Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders - Similar Threads - slow creating renaming

2. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  3. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  5. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  6. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to delete or rename folders

Unable to delete or rename folders: I am sorry, but what the hell is going on Windows 10? Three days ago my windows forced me to restart the pc and accept the update. But after windows start again trapped in blue page. I made boot file by hand and windows started finally. But after that day my pc is handling...
  8. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder which takes at least about 12 seconds this does not happen for files only for the folder. Also if I log into administrator profile and then do Renaming, Deleting, Moving of a folder it works...
  9. too slow to rename folder

too slow to rename folder: Hi everyone, I'm IT and today I got the issue which I want to rename folder on a client computer - it is very slow and sometime stuck, must restart explorer. It happens in network disks and local disks I tried these ways below: - turn on network and sharing center -...
  10. Renaming Folder Slow

Renaming Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay renaming a file/folder (which takes atleast about 12 seconds) No idea why... i've tried in safe mode and there's no delay at all could someone help me out with this issue? if i do a clean reboot does that means my projects and...