Windows 10: Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why?

Discus and support Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 1600x, 32gb of ram, yet, Netflix slows down my entire computer because Windows has terrible driver management. When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdinAck, Nov 6, 2018.

1. AdinAck Win User

Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why?

• I have a GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 1600x, 32gb of ram, yet, Netflix slows down my entire computer because Windows has terrible driver management.

• When you install Windows, it comes with Candy Crush?!?!?! Disney Magic Kingdoms?!?!?!?! WTF MICROSOFT

• How come my start menu is randomly 30fps? on my 140Hz monitor? How is it possible! How! I literally don't understand! Windows just gets slower and slower over time. I keep my PC organized and clean, I don't download hardly any software, and any software I do install isn't even installed on my boot drive!

Microsoft, could you please stop shoving your own weird drivers down users' throats before they have a chance to use the hardware manufacturer's? Can you please not have stupid kids games pre-installed on my computer which I use for graphic work? Can you please for the love of god stop. Stop, look at what people are complaining about, DELETE all of the stupid, stupid features, make windows more streamlined and not f*** itself up over time? (you guys are making bank, stop forcing us to use knew products you'd make just as much money doing what the community wants).

If some company took the hardware and software compatibility and of Windows, the elegance and programming genius behind Mac OS and birthed a new OS that performed optimally. Holy crap I would ditch Windows and buy that so fast, I believe 99% of the population would as well.

Is this just me? Does anyone else have similar complaints/experiences with Windows? Please let me know, because I am seriously PISSED OFF.

:)

AdinAck, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why? - Similar Threads - slow glitchy bloated

2. Need help - Windows 10 is bloated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help - Windows 10 is bloated: I have a relatively new laptop - purchased in November, 2020. I have installed very few and only the essential apps. All my files are in D drive and my C drive is reserved only for Windows and Software installations. However, out of 200 GB space on my C drive, 125 GB is...
  3. Why is the windows game bar audio so glitchy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the windows game bar audio so glitchy?: I have been trying to use the game bar to record because I am having issues with obs but the game audio is laggy or something and idk why submitted by /u/Randomness_Girl [link] [comments]...
  4. Jigsaw suddenly slow and glitchy - UNPLAYABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jigsaw suddenly slow and glitchy - UNPLAYABLE: I haven't played it in some time, so I don't know when this issue started, but I noticed when I started it up today, it's trying to create an Xbox account for me and wanting me to log in, so I can only assume this stupid thing is the issue. I have ZERO interest in having to...
  5. File Copy Bloat

File Copy Bloat: Okay, after having a large batch copy fail multiple times is there some secret to this? I've resorted to 7z'ing up any "large copy task", then copying the 7z file, then un7z'ing it on the destination drive. The weird thing is this whole process takes less time than just...
  6. Where is the bloat?

Where is the bloat?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cgfuhjcawzq41.png?width=1121&format=png&auto=webp&s=1bbece496ca8cc47ad8158545c786e5bdddc66e5 Hi All! As you can see from the imagines I am having bloat problems, I am missing 60+ GB space and I also seems to of lost permissions to some...
  7. windows 10 bloating memory with idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 bloating memory with idle: So, I started to note something odd after latest updates came: my system has 24gb of memory, active usage may include up to 6gb at once ...it takes 2-8 hours for windows 10 to start using more than 100% of that 24gb pool ...by not uncommitting blocks but slowly stacking em...
  8. bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc: running windows 10 with a 23.3GB windows folder on a pc that is so slow previous answers on this site have suggested running PatchRegCleanup-x64 which when I do, results in the error message "A productcode must be specified" I have run "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online...
  9. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...
  10. Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow: I've done all the tweaks (oc ram, latest bios and drivers, disable cool n Quiet, ryzen balanced power plan) But my system still feels like kinda iffy. The desktop feels chuggy and like the computer is having a post nasal drip. This is also a fresh Windows install. It still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is slow and bloated

2. microsoft is bloated and slow inherently

3. why is windows 10 glitchy

4. sandboxie slows windows 10 down,
  5. why is windows 10 so bloated,
  6. why is windows glitchy,
  7. how to fix glitchy document folder on computer,
  8. windows 10 slow glitchy,
  9. Why is windows 10 so bloated?,
  10. why is windows 10 slow and glitchy