Windows 10: windows 10 is slow on opening any application

Discus and support windows 10 is slow on opening any application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I am a Windows 10 user and i bought my laptop few days back, after some days i am facing problems on opening any application in my laptop. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MohammadAquib1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. windows 10 is slow on opening any application

Hey I am a Windows 10 user and i bought my laptop few days back, after some days i am facing problems on opening any application in my laptop. When I ON my laptop it take more time to open welcome screen and when i open fie explorer, mail, settings, visual studio code or any application it take approx 30 sec. sometime or more than 30 seconds to open the application.

I have a good configuration laptop Intel® Core™ i5 i5 - 8300H, 2.30 GHz, 8 MB - 39.6 cm 15.6" LED - 16:9 Full HD - LCD - ComfyView - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 4 GB - 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM - 1 TB Please help me out how i can i make it faster.

Thanks

:)

MohammadAquib1, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jul 15, 2020
  4. windows 10 is slow on opening any application

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 is slow on opening any application

1. windows 10 is slow on opening any application - Similar Threads - slow opening application

2. Windows 11 Wont open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wont open any applications: First time pc owner here and i was trying to install bluetooth driver to my pc and when i did, my windows started acting weird. Ill sign in and im able to open one thing before i cant open anything else. I cant use any commands to open anything either. Cant even open...
  3. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  4. Very slow application opening time!

Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  5. slow starting any app or application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow starting any app or application: my computer is slow working , i have amd r2 graphic e2 7110 apu shut down is slow and starting windows is also slow any app or application is slow opening...
  6. Slow response opening applications Windows 10

Slow response opening applications Windows 10: Applications that usually open in a few seconds take up to 2 minutes to launch. I have no idea what might have changed in the last 24 hours. I'm up to date on Windows. The Task Manager Resource Manager shows 50%+ memory usage. I don't now whether that's atypical for my...
  7. Windows 10 can open any applications!!!Help....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can open any applications!!!Help....: Help I just got a windows 10 computer and Its was working fine yesterday but taday when I try to open something it wont open it shows its pulled up on the task bar and when I boot it it never shows any thing exept a blank screen instead of the windows 10 please wait but that...
  8. Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!

Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!!: Windows 10 Very Slow Opening Applications!! Do NOT tell me to do a Safe boot and run SFC.... that is a useless and lazy response from Microsoft!!...
  9. Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program

Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program: Hey everyone. I left my computer on last night and my monitors OFF and when I went on the computer today as usual.. I then saw the windows 8+ version of Blue Screen of Death with the sad face. I decided to restart my computer and then windows started repairing my C drive...
  10. Windows 10 Startup Application Opening Very Slow

Windows 10 Startup Application Opening Very Slow: Hello. I have serious problem. Because startup application opening very slowly in Windows 10. It was really fast when im using Windows 7. My english not good so let me explain with sample. When i was using Windows 7: Desktop screen = Startup applications opening begins....