Windows 10: Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

Discus and support Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, my windows has been odd lately. For whatever reason when I shutdown/reboot at take a good bit of time 2-3 mins. I'm not sure why. I can boot in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nan123721, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

Hey, my windows has been odd lately. For whatever reason when I shutdown/reboot at take a good bit of time 2-3 mins. I'm not sure why. I can boot in under 20 secs and have a fast ssd. I have no speed problems in windows either. The only problem is when shutting down and rebooting. Rebooting takes especially long. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Thanks!

submitted by /u/nan123721
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nan123721, May 25, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 25, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

Windows 8.1 Pro Slow When Restarting But Cold Boot Is Fast

Hi starvinmarvin, this is Techhelper89. I'm here to help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Disable Fast Startup and check if it works for you.

Fast startup is a new feature in Windows to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system
    information) to hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC.

Steps:

1. Press Windows + X key and click Control Panel.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. If it prompts to click on yes, then click Yes.
    5. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (Recommended) under shutdown settings.
    6. Click Save changes to configure the settings.

The link I have found these steps from is slow restart problem -windows 10. (This is another post on the Microsoft Community.)

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

834e5206-26cf-43e1-a121-0fab5d3e1d44, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up.

1. Windows 10 Is Slow To Shut Down And Fast To Boot Up. - Similar Threads - Slow Shut Down

2. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  3. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  4. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  5. Windows 10 won't boot up after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot up after shutting down: I have been having this problem for a while now. Every time I shutdown Windows 10 and I power it up again it is stuck on the boot screen I don't know what you call it. Windows can boot if I manually restart it with the physical buttons/cutting power to the computer. I have...
  6. Windows 10 slow to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow to shut down: A client came in with a personal built desktop that is slow to shut down. After clicking shut down, the computer seems to not take the input and he is able to use the computer for about 10 seconds. Then the shutting down screen appears for at least thirty seconds. Event...
  7. Slow Ultra Fast Boot

Slow Ultra Fast Boot: Windows 10 Pro x64 PL installed in UEFI mode Asrock Z87 Extreme3 with newest UEFI I5-4690k Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1 with newest vbios SSD Goodram C40 240 GB connected to first SATA port 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM My problem is slow system start even if i set Ultra Fast Boot...
  8. Fast boot, slow restart

Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  9. Slow shut down

Slow shut down: Hello, long time viewer, first time poster. I'm a huge fan of the Windows 10, I love it, however recently I've gotten my first glimpse of the buggy side. The computer (pretty decent) is taking a very very long time to shut down. I just let it be, maybe update or something,...
  10. Slow boot, slow file explorer, slow trash bin and no shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow file explorer, slow trash bin and no shut down: Hello, Today, I was messing around with a PS2 emulator (PCSX2) on my computer, and when I decided to restart the computer to move some files (the file explorer was saying "this folder is in use by another program"), my computer took a whopping three minutes to boot! When I...