Windows 10: Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports

Discus and support Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After deploying Windows 10 KB4559309, which is an automatic update, some people are complaining that their PCs are taking longer to boot into desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 1, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports

After deploying Windows 10 KB4559309, which is an automatic update, some people are complaining that their PCs are taking longer to boot into desktop. The problem has been reported by users in Microsoft’s community forum and Microsoft is now finally investigating the situation, according to a forum moderator.

Since we first reported on the issues in June, countless other users have started posting complaints of performance issues that they’ve faced after installing Windows 10 version KB4559309.

In addition to slower boot time, users noted that Windows 10 load apps and web pages slower after applying this automatic update, which was forced via Windows Update.

Windows 10 KB4559309 has been released to replace the old Edge browser with the new Chromium-based one, but it appears that something within the update process is hampering the performance of some laptops and desktops after the installation, especially during boot up.

Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports Windows-10-KB4559309.jpg

The update is also pushed out automatically, so users don’t have the option to opt as you would with a normal cumulative update. Users have alleged in the Microsoft forum and Feedback Hub posts that Windows 10 could begin to slow down after the update installation.

In the same forum thread, a Microsoft moderator has finally confirmed that Microsoft Edge team is currently in the process of investigating this problem, and will report back when it knows more.

Microsoft is also asking users to submit the report via the Feedback Hub, which should help the company in its investigation.

“I have spoken to Missy Quarry, from the Edge team, and they are investigating this problem. However, they really need more details submitted though the Feedback Hub on Windows 10,” a Microsoft forum moderator noted.

Usuallly, you can fix issues with Windows Update by simply uninstalling the flauty update from Control Panel. In this case, you can’t do that as KB4559309 uninstallation process will fail.

As one user pointed out, when you install KB4559309 and upgrade to a new version of Windows 10, KB4559309 won’t be listed as installed in the Control Panel as logs are cleared.

If you notice performance issues after applying this patch, you’ll need to use the System Restore feature and revert back the update.

How to prevent Windows 10 KB4559309

If you haven’t installed the update, you can easily prevent Windows 10 KB4559309 by manually downloading the Chromium-based Edge browser.

Windows 10 automatically blocks the offending update from installing onto your device when it detects the new Microsoft Edge on your system.

The post Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 1, 2020
  4. 10TaTioN Win User

Windows 7 slower than Vista

Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports 2h3ohe1.jpg

Source: NewsLine365

10TaTioN, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is slower after update? Microsoft is looking into reports - Similar Threads - slower update Microsoft

2. Windows 10 slower after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slower after update: In today's update my computer is pretty slow no idea why, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slower-after-update/efffd52d-8441-4ee9-acbd-971ceb2efc47
  3. PC became slower after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC became slower after update: So recently, i installed the update that told me that if i didn't install it, i wouldn't have a supported version of windows 10 anymore. So i downloaded it and after that i go on youtube and when a video is open, everything scrolls at like 20 fps. This also happens on...
  4. Looking for the place to report a Windows 10 bug and claim a bounty.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for the place to report a Windows 10 bug and claim a bounty.: Team, Probably aimed at a Microsoft employee... I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 2004 to 20H2 and I have found a bug which interferes with the normal operation due to the differences between the versions. I have tracked down what I believe to be the root cause but...
  5. Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer even slower after Windows 10 update?: Hello, yesterday I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (and added an SSD hard drive). Sometimes it's faster, but often it takes much longer to load web pages or switch from one tab to another. This is annoying. What can be the reason? I have 64-bit installed....
  6. Laptop is slower after new windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is slower after new windows update: I'm not sure if it was the new windows update but my chrome browser and other things,for example minecraft take longer to open,and chrome stops responding to clicks and it even takes awhile to close. Does anyone know what the problem is? submitted by /u/Joseph_Foster...
  7. Microsoft is looking into reports of Surface Laptop 3 cracked screens

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is looking into reports of Surface Laptop 3 cracked screens: For the past couple of months, a number of Surface Laptop 3 customers have been reporting the screens of their new devices were cracking, allegedly through no fault of their own. Microsoft has been advising the majority of those users that they will have to pay out of pocket...
  8. Internet speed much slower after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed much slower after windows update: After freshly installing windows, my download speed was around 15-20 mb/s however once I updated it seems to be locked around 5-6. Is there anyway to remove the lock/data limit?...
  9. Looking For An Error Report File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For An Error Report File: I'm looking for a file of some kind that gets generated whenever Windows encounters an unexpected error, reset, BSOD, etc etc. Anyone happen to know where a file like that would be/if it exists and how to find it? I'm using W10 Home Edition, not sure if thats an OE specific...
  10. First look: Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    First look: Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update: It's a tradition. Another Windows release, another non-reviewer's review by yours truly. (I call my reviews "non-reviewer" ones because unlike some of my colleagues, I don't do many and definitely don't do them as thoroughly, with all the speeds and feeds.) I've had a...