Windows 10: Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates

Discus and support Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently i have noticed that Windows 10 is crashing old SATA hard disks and slowing system performance. The issue started happening after recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter_007FC, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates

Hi,

Recently i have noticed that Windows 10 is crashing old SATA hard disks and slowing system performance. The issue started happening after recent updates. So far i replaced 5-6 Hard disks from old PCs. Its does not seem to be coincidence.

:)

Peter_007FC, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2020
  3. vivanco Win User
    hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates

1. Windows 10 is slowing down PCs and crashing Old Sata Hard Disks after Recent updates - Similar Threads - slowing down PCs

2. Windows 10 crashes after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after recent update: Hello,My windows 10 started to crash after the recent update.I have checked that the computer is up to date with updates and drivers are recent as well.Here is the link to the minidump file. Would it be possible for someone to have a look and tell me what is happening...
  3. Feeling of PC slow down after recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feeling of PC slow down after recent Windows Update: Hello,Im using Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop. I feel, after the last Windows Update on 29th or 30th April, that it has gone "slower". After a restart, it works good, but after some time, switching between programs, games or so starts to be slow and delayed. Up...
  4. Renstalling Windows 10 after hard disk crash

Renstalling Windows 10 after hard disk crash: I purchased a HP Laptop preloaded with MS OS Windows 10. The Hard Disk (Toshiba) crashed and I replaced it with a Seagate Hard Disk (1TB) - through a laptop service shop in Chennai India. Now I want to reinstall the Windows 10 OS. Please help....
  5. Windows 10 crashes after recent updates

Windows 10 crashes after recent updates: Hello, My PC started to have some problems after recent updates, it crashes every 5-10 minutes with different stop codes: Page fault, watch dog violation, kmode exception not handled and so on. System is AMD Ryzen5 2600X, AS rock master sli X470, RTX2070. Can't figure out...
  6. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.

Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.: Yet again Windows installs a regular uodate, and it slows my laptop down to the point that every click, in any program, takes minutes to respond. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 slowing down my PCs

Windows 10 slowing down my PCs: Windows 10 took 45 minutes for my hard drive light to stop coming on and accessing my hard drive, I couldn't use my PC until it finished what it was doing. I don't use Windows 10 anymore, I had to go back to Windows 8.1 because it faster,the updates Windows 10 was getting was...
  8. Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update: I usually leave my laptop on overnight on stand by, but occasionally when I log on again the next day I find everything's been closed and it's restarted. Usually I assume this is due to a Windows update since I see no other reason it would automatically restart. At some...
  9. 14 February Windows 10 slow crash after the most recent update.

14 February Windows 10 slow crash after the most recent update.: I can't I work due to last updates from Microsoft, my computer is stopping and who pay the waste time of my work /:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/14-february-windows-10-slow-crash-after-the-most/7eef0399-22f6-45a8-9f27-e7afff8e2a63
  10. Slow downs in SATA transfer speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow downs in SATA transfer speed: I am having an odd issue where the transfer speed from my HDDs slows to unusable after my computer has been on for a while. I have my primary OS drive as a Samsung 850 1TB SSD, paired with 2 x 3TB Toshiba HDDs. When I first start my computer, everything works as it...