Windows 10: Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

Discus and support Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YahavILX, Jul 30, 2020.

1. YahavILX Win User

Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

Hey

I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow.

I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes.

I've done a chkdsk, system integrity check, disabled all non-microsoft services and startup items, and its still taking a few minutes for explorer to come up and another few for me to get into a directory, or open settings menu etc.

cpu usage seem to be high and sometimes i see a process names System Interruptions taking about 70-90% CPU.

I'm trying to update windows to v2004 but it as well is very slow and taking ages.

System information: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj_xrBd5HaqSiRUscUmwAmlgWy5J

Thanks

Yahav

:)

YahavILX, Jul 30, 2020

2. One program crawling after Windows Creator Updates

My MRP /Enterprise software has slowed to a crawl immediately after the Windows 10 Creator Updates last week. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PamPaolucci, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl - Similar Threads - slowing crawl

2. Windows Update slows to a crawl from 90% - 98% and fails to update, taking 15 minutes to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update slows to a crawl from 90% - 98% and fails to update, taking 15 minutes to...: Hello, For the past month, I have been dealing with an issue regarding KB5032189 where it would attempt to apply the update but ultimately fail. It always happens the same way, slow update from 0% to 30%, restart, speedy progress from 30% to 90%, total crawl from 90% to 98%...
  3. Windows Update slows to a crawl from 90% - 98% and fails to update, taking 15 minutes to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update slows to a crawl from 90% - 98% and fails to update, taking 15 minutes to...: Hello, For the past month, I have been dealing with an issue regarding KB5032189 where it would attempt to apply the update but ultimately fail. It always happens the same way, slow update from 0% to 30%, restart, speedy progress from 30% to 90%, total crawl from 90% to 98%...
  4. Windows Update slows to a crawl from 90% - 98% and fails to update, taking 15 minutes to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. October 2023 update has slowed my desktops to a crawl and has fan running contuously. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    October 2023 update has slowed my desktops to a crawl and has fan running contuously. Help: Updated my home office and office desktops purchased last year and now they are unbelievably slow when typing there is at times a delay in the letters appearing and fan is running continuously and something seems to be spinning....
  6. October 2023 update has slowed my desktops to a crawl and has fan running contuously. Help

October 2023 update has slowed my desktops to a crawl and has fan running contuously. Help: Updated my home office and office desktops purchased last year and now they are unbelievably slow when typing there is at times a delay in the letters appearing and fan is running continuously and something seems to be spinning....
  7. October 2023 update has slowed my desktops to a crawl and has fan running contuously. Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....: Hi - I hope someone can help.Recently, my Windows 10 laptop that was behaving perfectly all of a sudden slowed to an absolute crawl in that when re-starting the laptop it took over an hour to load windows and the few apps that load with it. This normally takes just a minute...
  9. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....: Hi - I hope someone can help.Recently, my Windows 10 laptop that was behaving perfectly all of a sudden slowed to an absolute crawl in that when re-starting the laptop it took over an hour to load windows and the few apps that load with it. This normally takes just a minute...
  10. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....