Windows 10: Windows 10 is stuck in infinite loop trying recover from operating system update

Discus and support Windows 10 is stuck in infinite loop trying recover from operating system update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dated version of Windows 10 - it is 1703. I have not been able to upgrade to the more recent releases. Every time the PC has tried, it kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lenfichan, Dec 17, 2018.

1. lenfichan Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in infinite loop trying recover from operating system update

I have a dated version of Windows 10 - it is 1703. I have not been able to upgrade to the more recent releases. Every time the PC has tried, it kept recovering the original version of Windows. I believe there is an issue with one of drivers - I'm not sure which one.

I've been disabling updates. Today, however, the PC tried to update once again. As before, the update has failed

The difference now is that the PC can't go back to the original version of Windows. It boots, I see a Windows logo, then it flashes:

"Attempting to recover previous version of Windows..."

"Restoring previous version of Windows..."

Then the PC shuts down, reboots, BIOS are loaded, Windows logo flashes, and

"Attempting to recover previous version of Windows..."

"Restoring previous version of Windows..."

It is an infinite loop. The PC must have done it 30 times already.

Is there anything I can do short of re-installing the operating system from the CD?

:)

lenfichan, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Jan3d Win User

update stuck in infinite loop

My computer automatically updated to Windows 10 from 7. Ever since, anytime an update comes through, it gets stuck in an infinite loop. It appears that a HP printer update is failing, but I don't know if that's what's causing the loop. How can I eliminate
    that update, to see if future updates will continue as they should?

Jan3d, Dec 17, 2018
  3. NUV
    Nuv Win User
    ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:TechPowerUp

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

4. copiman Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in infinite loop trying recover from operating system update

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is stuck in infinite loop trying recover from operating system update - Similar Threads - stuck infinite loop

2. Stuck in infinite recursive loop trying to recover live account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in infinite recursive loop trying to recover live account: My dad purchased a new computer to replace one that died. When we went to set it up, it asked him to sign into Live to set up Windows 11. But he didn't remember his old password. So, we tried entering a few of his old often-used passwords. Then, when none of those worked, we...
  3. Stuck in infinite recursive loop trying to recover live account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in infinite recursive loop trying to recover live account: This led up to this form link The second page of that form asks for his old passwords. Which he doesn’t know. That is, indeed, why we were directed to that page. So how in the name of all that is holy he is supposed to provide that information is truly beyond me. So we tried...
  4. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on choose an operating system loop: I recently bought a pc but someone's stuff was still on there so I reset the pc after it started installing windows my cat unplugged my pc and now when I turn on the pc I can't get past the choose an operating system screen I choose one and it reboots showing the same choose...
  5. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on choose an operating system loop: I recently bought a pc but someone's stuff was still on there so I reset the pc after it started installing windows my cat unplugged my pc and now when I turn on the pc I can't get past the choose an operating system screen I choose one and it reboots showing the same choose...
  6. Stuck on choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in choose operating system loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in choose operating system loop: I went to update windows after not doing it for a long time and upon restart my computer got stuck in a loop asking to choose an operating sytem and nothing seems to work i have tried a boot device to repair and cancel the upgrade but it hasnt the loop...
  8. Stuck in choose operating system loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in choose operating system loop: I went to update windows after not doing it for a long time and upon restart my computer got stuck in a loop asking to choose an operating sytem and nothing seems to work i have tried a boot device to repair and cancel the upgrade but it hasnt the loop...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop: Hi. So my Windows 10 PC has been having some problems lately. A couple weeks ago, the PC started randomly shutting down and removing its WiFi adapter. I watched a couple YouTube videos to try and figure out how to reinstall the WiFi adapter by going toDevice Manager - Scan...
  10. Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system: This afternoon my wife was doing something on the computer, got stuck, and rebooted. Once she rebooted a screen popped up into a repair diagnostic screen and said it was diagnosing the error to repair it. Only problem was that it didn't repair anything and the options that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my hp computer is in inf loop

2. how to fix infinite loop windows 10 from another operating system