Windows 10: Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

Discus and support Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JonathanAlberto, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year).

Here’s how the problem started:

1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for more than 2 hours just to see if it is going to load Windows but it isn’t, I tried to continue waiting but the dots just keep on spinning the whole morning.
    2. I tried to enter WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) by way of holding the power button for 10 seconds three times in a row but it got stuck in “Attempting repairs” screen.
    3. I tried to force it to boot in Safe Mode by issuing the command “bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal” in Command Prompt so that I could disable “fast star-up” in Control Panel by way of its Windows DVD installation media but it is not working.
    4. I tried to scan the drive using CHKDSK /F /R but it found NO ERROR in both partitions (C and D).
    5. I booted again using its Windows DVD installation media, when I click Drive C: it says that I cannot install Windows in it because its partition style is MBR.
    6. I successfully reformatted Drive C that but it still does not allow me to install Windows in it because its partition style was MBR.
    7. I deleted the Drive C partition but it does not allow me to recreate the partition because its partition style was MBR.
    8. What I did next is I also deleted the Drive D partition, at this moment there’s no partition existing on the hard drive. When I tried to create a new partition, boom, I successfully created two partitions on the drive (C and D), the drive is now GPT.
    9. Then I was able to install Windows 10 and the machine is running again with no problem for two days now.

Note: I’ve gone through all those steps because I do not want to do a reinstall or reformat the machine because a payroll program is installed in it. But it got me no choice but to do a reformat instead.

Additional info: When I first encountered this problem I also did all the steps that I mentioned above the only difference is that I tried to write a new boot sector and fix the MBR using the commands fixboot and fixmbr respectively but it does not fix the problem I also ended up deleting all the partitions on the drive (the machine is now running for more than 6 months now without a problem).

My questions are:

1. What is the cause of the problem? Could it possibly be that “fast start-up” feature is messing or conflicting with some drivers or software at start-up?
    2. How to troubleshoot it? (I was not able to turn-off fast “start-up” because I was not able to make Windows start in Safe Mode).
    3. Why is the Windows 10 DVD installation media won’t allow me to re-create the partition that I deleted saying that the disk partition style is MBR? I have to delete all the existing partitions before I can create new partitions on the drive (the drive is now GPT).

:)

JonathanAlberto, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Alexandru Win User

Windows 10 is always stuck at spinning dots; can't reset and can't recover

I just upgraded my Alienware Aurora R4 from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seemed to go okay. I was able to log in and everything as per the usual. Then I went to reboot it, and now it stays stuck at the spinning dots (before loading Windows). I am able to get into the BIOS but I cannot do a lot of things I have been trying to do to fix it:

• Can't boot into Safe Mode (stuck at spinning dots).
    • Tried running the command prompt from the recovery screen and doing chkdsk and sfc scans. Nothing seemed to be wrong.
    • Can't System Reset (also gets stuck at spinning dots).
    • Can't boot into Windows 10 USB recovery media I made for it (tried both legacy and UEFI boot mode options, but this also is stuck at the spinning dots).
    • I unplugged all peripherals besides mouse and keyboard.
    • ePSA boot looks good; no problems found.

I have researched into this, I know that some people have successfully been able to reset after this, but not I. Similar questions haven't helped. I can't seem to do anything. I don't mind wiping this garbage PC at this point and reinstalling from scratch, but am unsure how. It looks like I may need to run some other boot software to wipe the entire system off the PC. Any suggestions?

Alexandru, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Just spinning dots?

Windows 10 was working fine........restarted and stuck with spinning dots. I tried restarting with shift, F8 and still the same spinning dots.

BarryMeskin, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots [​IMG]

Now im stuck at this screen. I got past the spinning dots of death by removing the usb right after the first part of the install (first reboot).
    But now im stuck at this spinning dots instead (it says "förbereder" which means preparing in swedish)

Mannomorth, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

1. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots - Similar Threads - Stuck Spinning Dots

2. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  3. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  4. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  5. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  6. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  7. Windows 10 latest update stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 latest update stuck at spinning dots: Even after several restarts and trying ctrl alt delete. There's no work around. Can't solve this. Please help. The message is: we couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off computer. 88966
  8. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots during bootup: I upgraded Alienware Aurora Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything was going fine. Then one day my computer restarted by itself (I didn't see but I assume it was installing an update) and afterwards it will not boot up. Every time I try to boot I see the Alienware screen,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on spinning dots when installing windows 10

2. How to fix spinning dots using commands