Windows 10: Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked

Discus and support Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked in Cortana to solve the problem; We now have to put up with Cortana a spy, by any other name and EDGE another useless Microsoft Browser. Internet Explorer was bad enough with security... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by miskyash, Aug 4, 2020.

1. miskyash Win User

Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked

We now have to put up with Cortana a spy, by any other name and EDGE another useless Microsoft Browser. Internet Explorer was bad enough with security holes that they are still finding, So you quit working on Windows 10 because ...its just so great, another useless OS from Microsoft. And now we get another new headache EDGE ... Sorry I don't even want to give it a chance, I'm not going to try it out! I just want the garbage GONE!

I know you don't think I'm being fair, three attempts at an OS, 2 outright failures and today we have a barely running OS until MS UPDATEs it then it falls flat on its face. I get lame assistance telling me the drivers are improperly loaded? How? they were fine when I loaded them, everything ran fine. It was not a problem until Microsoft ran its damn update and now it wouldn't start for the past 24 hours, Your program shut it down because it ran into an error, it was collecting information and crashed, locked up and would not shut down. When it restarted no data about the error was retained. go figure ... I am not here to fix problems you create with your OS for us to figure out for you this is ludicris

:)

miskyash, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is such a disappointment...a hope for an OS that worked - Similar Threads - such disappointment hope

2. Windows 11 disappointing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disappointing: I have been a Windows user since the 80s. I just updated to W11, having avoided this because of past bad experiences. Yes, once again, you have managed to take what worked just fine and made it more cumbersome. Is what your developers strive for? Who decided to move the Power...
  3. Windows 11 disappointing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 disappointing: I have been a Windows user since the 80s. I just updated to W11, having avoided this because of past bad experiences. Yes, once again, you have managed to take what worked just fine and made it more cumbersome. Is what your developers strive for? Who decided to move the Power...
  4. Windows Clock disappointing

Windows Clock disappointing: I wanna study and turn on the focus sessions in the windows clock app, it doesn't make a sound when I am watching a video on VLC, but if I am not playing a video on it, it makes sounds when the break starts and break end normally.I tried reinstalling it from the power shell,...
  5. Windows Clock disappointing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Clock disappointing: I wanna study and turn on the focus sessions in the windows clock app, it doesn't make a sound when I am watching a video on VLC, but if I am not playing a video on it, it makes sounds when the break starts and break end normally.I tried reinstalling it from the power shell,...
  6. Windows 10 is just disappointing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is just disappointing.: So, I recently bought a Compaq presario 1200 w/Windows Me, and I have had a non-functional flash drive 128 GB.When I try fixing it with windows 10, it always throws me an error message every time. But for some reason, I tried it on Me, and it worked! So in conclusion, Windows...
  7. Windows 10 is just disappointing.

Windows 10 is just disappointing.: So, I recently bought a Compaq presario 1200 w/Windows Me, and I have had a non-functional flash drive 128 GB.When I try fixing it with windows 10, it always throws me an error message every time. But for some reason, I tried it on Me, and it worked! So in conclusion, Windows...
  8. windows 10 home chronic disappointment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home chronic disappointment: SO every day for the past year or so ive had trouble running programs on my pc. All the hardware components are fairly high end and i have a constant 180 mbs internet speed, this leads me to believe that the software is the problem. About 6 Microsoft employees have confirmed...
  9. I hope this works . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope this works . . .: I have, no cable company. I wish. I use WiFi, for everything. Movies a videos, stop and starts, stop and starts, stop and starts. It's so frustrating! My question is: Is it possible, to download, movies a videos? I'd store, everything, on my hard drive. That way,...
  10. Very disappointed ...

in Browsers and Email
    Very disappointed ...: Disappointed that Microsoft ***still*** hasn't fixed the window position problem for Edge in their latest update for Windows 10 (10586.104). The problem of Edge not remembering its last window position has been present since day one of Windows 10's release, and it still...