Windows 10: Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /...

Discus and support Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had installed updates for windows 10 on the 14th & 15th of March respectively. Attached is the screenshot of updates installed for reference.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Niraj Agarwal, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /...

Hi,

I had installed updates for windows 10 on the 14th & 15th of March respectively. Attached is the screenshot of updates installed for reference.

Firstly after installing updates, it took more than 2 hours to get windows loaded completely so that I can use it. I restarted my laptop several times while the mouse cursor kept on showing the loading sign.

After that, I had shut down my laptop and the next day while starting again it took around 20 minutes to load. After that, I had just put it on sleep instead of shutting it down. Yesterday that is on 20th March 2020, I tried disabling programs that consume time while startup through task manager as well as in msconfig. There was one drive program with the high impact which I have disabled. Then there is something called "HpseuHostLauncher" which I did not touch as I am not aware of what it might lead to if I disable it. Attached is the screenshot startup programs as well. But doing all this did not help.

Normally with 8 GB RAM and SSD hardisk it used to take 15 seconds after pressing the power button on the laptop for me to start using anything or start working on my laptop before this update. Please guide on resolving the issue asap.

Thank you.

Niraj Agarwal

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** / *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /... ba3212f1-dbbf-43d9-bc0f-5b97d97e1f8c?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /... 2967f139-e241-4a80-b631-02b42d92ad3a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Niraj Agarwal, Mar 21, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 21, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /...

Windows 10 boot suddenly takes 10-20 minutes

I installed my brand new Lenovo 900s and after installing my standard software and development systems and suddenly the system wouldnt boot and is stuck in the boot screen. I first thought it was defective and rebooted, tried repairing the UEFI bootsector and so on to no avail. By chance I left it stuck in the boot screen while I talked to a collegue and when I came back to the machine I could log on.

I then discovered that it takes between 10 and 20 minutes for the machine to boot. I ran the performance toolkit and found that it is stuck in the Wininit phase but I coud not find out which particular process or driver is causing that.

What I already tried:

• sfc /scannow
    • dism restorehealth
    • Windows 10 inplace upgrade
    • Uninstalling Bluetooth and Audio, reinstalling
    • Updating all drivers
    • Cleared Appcompat cache

This is the picture of the boot phases:

Performance analyzer boot phases view

Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /... 8l14W.jpg

Edit 1: When I load the ETL in performance analyzer with the Fullboot.boot profile I can see that the running processes in that phase are ntoskrnl.sys, cdd.dll, cxkrnl.sys, win32kbase.sys and dxgmms2.sys. Maybe this has to do with directX? Also there is nearly no CPU/Disk activity in the complete phase.

Edit 2: I did a logged start. ntblog.txt states cdrom.sys is not loaded (makes sense as there is no cdrom), four times (spread across the log) dxgkrnl.syss ist not loaded and near the end wdFilter.sys is not loaded. DXDIAG did not find any problems. In device manager there are no warning signs.

Edit 3: As the cdd (canonical display driver) was involved in the phase of interest I uninstalled the Intel 550 display driver with the option to remove the files. The effect was a shorter delay between the usual logo phase and the “comes back" logo phase on reboot. Eventually the display is initialized before the problem and more likely not the cause.

Edit 4: I reran boot monitoring with more options and could open the generic events view. I can only see only System and Idle active in that phase with several subprocesses but nothing that really helps as the events are spread across the 700s timeline.

Edit 5: Just to be sure I reset Windows Update (stopping services, renaming Software distribution folder, restarting services). No change after rebooting...

Edit 6: I decided to go the painful way of reinstalling my complete stuff (which is quite a bit as I am a developer) especially because it is the second time. I will now go back to an very early image that worked and set restore points before every mayor installation step and reboot after. Once I discover the cause, I will post it here.

Update 1: I did a complete reinstall with all applications except STEAM with system restore points and rebooting after every step and - booting and restarting keeps at 10s! I will now make two images, run bitlocker and then try steam (with a restore point before). Pray ;-)

Last Update: I encrypted C: and D: with Bitlocker and installed Steam. Everything works fine. The only difference to the previous two installations that lead to the 10-20 minutes boot was Photoshop CS2. But I installed it checked reboot, worked and deinstalled it again as I use Corel Photopaint now. I have no Idea what caused the problems on the one hand and I am a happy owner of a running 900s now on the other.

MichaSchumann, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /...

1. Windows 10 is taking 20 to 21 minutes to load after installing updates KB4541302 /... - Similar Threads - taking minutes load

2. "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly " after ~20 minutes inactivity: I experienced the error "Windows 11 was not loaded correctly" while away from the PC for ~20 minutes. Normally, the PC went into power-saving mode when the crash occurred.According to the Minidump file, the error is related to dam.sys.I experience the error on XPS 8960....
  3. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  6. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  7. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  8. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  9. service hosts are taking all of my memory after update kb4541302

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    service hosts are taking all of my memory after update kb4541302: after updating i am facing a issue on my laptop it going to low on memory when i watch movies and some time it shows the display driver failed to start and my screen goes freeze, and made me to restart my laptop via power key please help ME about THIS problem i have 8...
  10. Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change: I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 5 3600, making sure to update the bios beforehand. However, Windows now takes 20 minutes on the blue logo with spinning white dots. When windows does boot up, all programs and games on my ssd (which is what windows is...
Tags: