Windows 10: Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize

Discus and support Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize. I am referring to the time period from when the PIN login happens to the time when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by H2ONaCl, May 4, 2021.

1. H2ONaCl Win User

Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize

Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize. I am referring to the time period from when the PIN login happens to the time when the desktop and taskbar are functioning. There is a period when the monitors are blank and there are no desktop icons and putting the cursor near the edge of the screen does not unhide the taskbar. This period seems to be more than 60 seconds. Formerly this was only a few seconds. This change is not the result of new application installations. This machine does run a MySQL server but that is not a new installation. The only installations that are apparent are whatever is updated in the periodic updates to Windows. This problem started a few days ago. I update Windows approximately every few weeks or sometimes more often. I do not do it regularly because sometimes I pause updates. What is the fix for this problem, please?

:)

H2ONaCl, May 4, 2021
  2. H2ONaCl Win User

Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize. I am referring to the time period from when the PIN login happens to the time when the desktop and taskbar are functioning. There is a period when the monitors are blank and there are no desktop icons and putting the cursor near the edge of the screen does not unhide the taskbar. This period seems to be more than 60 seconds. Formerly this was only a few seconds.

This change is not the result of new application installations. This machine does run a MySQL server but that is not a new installation. The only installations that are apparent are whatever is updated in the periodic updates to Windows. This problem started a few days ago. I update Windows approximately every few weeks or sometimes more often. I do not do it regularly because sometimes I pause updates.

What is the fix for this problem, please?

H2ONaCl, May 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is taking longer than ever to fully initialize - Similar Threads - taking longer ever

2. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.: Hello, I'm resetting my Windows 10 PC and it's taking a much longer time than I anticipated. It is steadily increasing in percentage, so I know it hasn't failed. But I was told this would take somewhere in the realm of half an hour to 3/4 hours. It is now taken roughly 9...
  3. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.: Hello, I'm resetting my Windows 10 PC and it's taking a much longer time than I anticipated. It is steadily increasing in percentage, so I know it hasn't failed. But I was told this would take somewhere in the realm of half an hour to 3/4 hours. It is now taken roughly 9...
  4. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual: I restarted my windows 10 because I was unable to click on the start menu and when I did it's taking way longer than usual and even the screen has turned light green. Is the problem related to update coz I have not updated my windows 10 or is it because of something else?...
  6. Windows 10 reset everything taking longer than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset everything taking longer than 10 hours: Started the process at about 1 am, woke up and its only at 28%. I knew it would take awhile but what do I do? I don't mind giving it time but Id rather not waste it if its already screwed submitted by /u/killercat6969 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  8. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  9. Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10: i have a new hp laptop with windows10 built-in. less than a week the restart option takes a long time. over 3 minutes it goes over : 1. hp logo screen 2. wait screen 3 .windows welcome screen 4.It takes a while to display my name with Hello if i choose shut-down...
  10. Pc reset taking longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset taking longer than expected: Due to performance issues and a strange issue with my logins not saving correctly for multiple apps I have attempted to reset Windows. I began the reset about 5 hours ago selecting the option to remove all personal files and it is currently only on 19% Is this normal?...