Windows 10: Windows 10 is the problem

Discus and support Windows 10 is the problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, to prevent my blood pressure rising again I thought I'd pen this. I expect the thread to be locked after a few replies anyway but at least it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyWibble, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is the problem

Ok, to prevent my blood pressure rising again I thought I'd pen this. I expect the thread to be locked after a few replies anyway but at least it (should) stay up for a while. Before I continue - if you search for MS Community forum questions after the start of 2019 - good luck! Seems they are closing down discussion before it starts to get too on the nose...

Ok, so here's the thing (as Linda from Becker would say) - I equate WIindows 10 to the old British car my Dad had in the sixties. It had to be nursed along, all the grease nipples had to regularly greased. When it refused to start, which was every second day, Dad had to get the crank handle out and wrench the poor thing into life again. It was slow as a wet week, could take days to stop with the terrible brakes and was a shocking piece of engineering.

Then he bought a Japanese car, Toyota from memory, and the thing started first pop, ran quietly and economically and lasted over 220,000kms without a major problem.

I have been using Windows since Win 3.1 so you can guess my age.

I resisted as my collegues insisted this was the future, so I gave up DOS and XTree Pro (remember that?) to manipulate large text files we had to create to load software into the Telco exchanges we were responsible for. It was ok. Win 95 came along and it was ok. XP, Windows 7 were ok, in fact pretty good with far fewer crashes than earlier incarnations.

Now we have 10. Or at least whichever version of 10 we have. I, though retired, still wrestle with local's Windows boxes and laptops and have an assortment of notebooks and desktops myself ranging from older Core i3's to recent HP Core i7's with plenty of RAM and SSDs. I had one, the Core i7 with 'plenty' of eveything that performed ok. Not anymore - even it has finally succumbed to the nonsense that is Win 10.

Painfully slow to start - yeah right start. Just because you get the desktop doesn't mean its anywhere near ready for work. Usually I get 20-30 minutes of disk thrashing first before I even bother trying to type a word. No idea why, the AV software is a good, light memory user and it isn't running a scan.

It's just Windows. Doing stuff. It's own thing happily working away to make our lives more secure and easy to use.

Get the irony?

Well I've had it now. No more. I've even stopped assisting regularly at our local seniors computer club as I get the same thing every week there too.

I just use the ChromeBook now. It works, first time every time. I turn it on or wake it up (yes a notebook that actually sleeps and wakes - I know, amazing right?). Sure I can't run 'apps' (programs) but I could use Android apps. But why bother? Everything I need to do, I do online now. Emails, internet browsing, manage bank accounts, write and save on Google Docs (forget OneDrive - what a ridiculous waste of time that is), even edit photos.

I've put others onto Neverware's ChromeOS for older - read 2015-17 - small notebooks that they had tried to use Windows 10 on and given up. They are delighted as am I.

Sorry Microsoft but it's over for me and I suspect many, many others. I'll try to assist those when I feel strong enough to tap that Windows key to find 'updates' - another joke. Enter 'check' or 'updates' in the search field after tapping that key and it's complete luck as to what you'll get. I do it the first time, get some inane suggestions about geting Checkers in the Store. Try the same search again and I then get the Check for updates link as I wanted in the first place. Give me strength...

Ok. That's my rant. Feel a lot better now. Off to my little ChromeBook I go. Oh look, theres a ChromeOS update. Hold on, give me 20 seconds to install it then 30 seconds to restart - yep up again before the kettle even finishes boiling.

Love. a previous 'user' of a Microsoft product.

:)

AndyWibble, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is the problem

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is the problem

1. Windows 10 is the problem - Similar Threads - problem

2. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  3. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  4. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  5. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  6. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  7. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  8. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  9. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  10. GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup: I am on windows 11, new computer from 2 months ago. The gaming services app did an update on 12 april 2024. Since then, I have problems with it. So lets say I play a game on xbox pc app like halo. After I close and start my computer again, the start search bar will not...