Windows 10: (Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a...

Discus and support (Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As it is now, whenever I move a number of files to a folder that already has files with the same names, Windows prompts me to decide whether to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Knever, Sep 15, 2020.

1. /u/Knever Win User

(Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a...

As it is now, whenever I move a number of files to a folder that already has files with the same names, Windows prompts me to decide whether to Replace, Skip, or Compare the files, with Compare allowing me to click to confirm the move and rename.

Is there a simple way to have the files renamed automatically without having to go through several clicks each time?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Knever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Knever, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
  3. JimmyPin Win User
    how do I rename a file in windows 10 without it automatically moving somewhere else?

how do I rename a file in windows 10 without it automatically moving somewhere else?

JimmyPin, Sep 15, 2020
  4. (Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a...

Renaming or moving files

No am trying to move or rename a Word or Excel file. It is on my computer. I have rebooted and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I rename and move files often so I do not want to have to reboot every time I do so.

CharlesCSmith, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

(Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a...

1. (Windows 10) Is there a way to have files renamed automatically when being moved to a... - Similar Threads - files renamed automatically

2. Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?: If I have a folder named ABLG. And ive saved down files in this folder as ABLG_1 sequentially. I am tired of manually renaming files to the next sequential when i save them down. Is there a way to just save a file to this folder and gave windows auto rename the file to the...
  3. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  4. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  5. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  7. Is there a way to batch rename files?

Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 files are being delete automatically!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 files are being delete automatically!: Windows 10 is deleting my personal files automatically even without my permission. The situation here is like i am typing a question here so, if i use left key alphabets are being remove as well. What kind of update Microsoft bring for its customer? I've lost a lot of my...
  9. Compleatly Automatic file renamer?

Compleatly Automatic file renamer?: Basically I need a program that automatically renames a file when is created on a specific folder. It's kind of a long story but I need to make the process compleatly automatic, as another program is generating images, but all of them have the same name so when a new one is...
  10. frozen when attempt to delete/move/rename a file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    frozen when attempt to delete/move/rename a file: Trying to delete a file. As soon as I click on it it freezes Explorer. I've tried doing the same, delete, OR rename, via multiple other applications and in them I can click on them, and attempt a rename, but the application then freezes. If I try to delete, the deletion...