Windows 10: Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x...

Discus and support Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think this is a Windows 10 issue - I’ve seen it on two different systems, older, upgraded from Windows 7. In both cases, Wi-Fi, if it works at all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Interior_network, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x...

I think this is a Windows 10 issue - I’ve seen it on two different systems, older, upgraded from Windows 7.

In both cases, Wi-Fi, if it works at all, will work for a while, and then switch off, and say “wifi is switched off,” and the troubleshooter will way the switch is off (physical switch, which has been left on.)

I go to the wifi settings panel, turn it on, (if it lets me) and it may or may not come back. Sometimes a reboot will result in it coming on.

It will work for a while - minutes, half an hour, then craps out.

I’ve turned the “allow computer to turn off to save power,” there was a registry fix I saw somewhere, it was already set at the optimal setting.

I’ve tried various drivers - the computer I’m working on is a Toughbook; I know they’re finicky, but the other one I had the issue with is a Lenovo.

I’ve done the Netsh ip reset, no dice.

I have a plain TP Link USB wifi dongle that I use for servicing. Funny thing is, it works fine, consistently. No issues. Ethernet is fine, too.

I concluded the wifi card was bad. I tried a couple of different spares. Exactly the same issue.

My plan B is to use a mini USB wifi dongle, but I’d really rather fix it.

Any theories?

submitted by /u/Interior_network
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Interior_network, Sep 16, 2020

2. PLease help. Program to turn on/ off wifi on windows

Hello guys I need help with a problem.
    If anyone knows a program able to timely enable / disable the wifi connections on windows 7, so i can install on my windows 7 and set the timer to turn on/off the wifi cards. I google-ing 3 weeks ago and all i find is crap. It turns out like "my wifi keeps dropping or i loosing wifi" etc, etc,

I looking for a standalone program i can set times per wifi cards to turn the radio off eg, 8pm and turn it back on at 6am. I do not need a vb script or ps script , my windows is modified and remote support and all other scripting has been cut out for good reason. Anyone knows a program that can do it? Something like the programs for timed shutdown PC? Just for wireless cards. My laptops are on for 24/7 but don't want manually disconnect wifi every time, ans also i don't want to leave them online unattended. Installing DDVRT on the router is a no go , my flatmates will kill me if i turning the router on off . LOL

thanks

AssimilatorX, Sep 16, 2020
  3. PLease help. Program to turn on/ off wifi on windows

look at your keyboard for a Antenna Tower with wave forms by it, if there is such and it matches the color code of your FN key press FN then the key with the Antenna on it, that will turn it on or off

eidairaman1, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x...

Wifi card wont turn on

I have a Panasonic CF-19 with windows 10 latest update. Anytime laptop goes to sleep when it wakes back up it will not turn wifi card back on. I am not having the issue everyone else has where they have to manually reconnect to the network. It tells me
    my wifi is off and will not let me turn it back on. The only way to solve the issue is to restart the computer. Everytime computer goes to sleep you have to restart computer to get wifi to turn back on.

AndrewHeating, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x...

1. Windows 10 is turning wifi card off. Says “wifi is off, turn on manually, or choose in ‘x... - Similar Threads - turning wifi card

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  4. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  5. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off: Hello I've been using my laptop for about 9 months now and everything was going fine up until a few days ago, the wifi card started to turn off repeatedly, this started when I was playing CSGO i thought it was nothing so I restarted my laptop twice and it worked, then it...
  6. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off: Hello I've been using my laptop for about 9 months now and everything was going fine up until a few days ago, the wifi card started to turn off repeatedly, this started when I was playing CSGO i thought it was nothing so I restarted my laptop twice and it worked, then it...
  7. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  9. Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...

Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...: Goofed up somewhere trying to get two laptops to connect via the wifi, allowing shared files. Now the older laptop connects to wifi, the second can't find the wifi. Opening the settings, and clicking on Wi-Fi indicates that the Connection is off, when I click on the On...
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...