Windows 10: Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones.

Discus and support Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a pair of Logitech G332 headphones and no matter where I look it is unabated to recognize the fact the I have a mic... my only option for a mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SimonSaysMassey, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones.

I have a pair of Logitech G332 headphones and no matter where I look it is unabated to recognize the fact the I have a mic... my only option for a mic is the built in one that is in my laptop... I honestly have no clue if this is a windows problem or a problem with my headphones but if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to ask me for more details and I’ll do my best to answer them!

submitted by /u/SimonSaysMassey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SimonSaysMassey, Jan 25, 2021

2. Windows 10: Microphone and Headphone Recognition issues.

Hi Armandill,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in audio settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1/8 inch cable port
      Are you referring that there is no headphone port or microphone port on the computer?
    • Have you checked the computer specification regarding the audio ports?

I suggest you to check if speaker and microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Check if microphone and headphone driver is available or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with headphone and microphone usage on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 25, 2021
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones. [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones.

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones.

1. Windows 10 is unable to find my microphone on my headphones. - Similar Threads - unable find microphone

2. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.: So I have a pair of headphones called Jabra 75. IM on boot camp mode on windows and it has a working mic but windows only puts audio through not headphones and does not let me use the microphone....
  3. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.: So I have a pair of headphones called Jabra 75. IM on boot camp mode on windows and it has a working mic but windows only puts audio through not headphones and does not let me use the microphone....
  4. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 unable to find Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 unable to find Bluetooth headphones.: I am using window 10 home and i am facing problem during connecting Bluetooth headphones, windows is unable to find my headphones. While when i was using windows 8.1, I face no issue like that.My windows 10 home is fully updated and drivers are also up to date.PLEASE help me...
  6. Windows 10 unable to find Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 unable to find Bluetooth headphones.: I am using window 10 home and i am facing problem during connecting Bluetooth headphones, windows is unable to find my headphones. While when i was using windows 8.1, I face no issue like that.My windows 10 home is fully updated and drivers are also up to date.PLEASE help me...
  7. Windows 10 unable to find Bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 does not find my microphone.

Windows 10 does not find my microphone.: Hello. My razer blackshark v2 X only connect with audio and not the microphone. been looking at google and youtube for like 5 houers and cant find out. when im looking at the sound control panel i can only find the headsett and not the mic. when im plugging it into another...
  9. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone: I was plugging my microphone in a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jack. But windows thinks its a headphone , now i cant use my microphone.Please help me.[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones

Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones: They used to work just fine on my laptop, but now it doesn't even say that there's a microphone other than the one on my laptop. I keep seeing solutions to other problems saying to go into device settings and tweak things from there, but I can't do that, for obvious reasons....