Windows 10: Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet

Discus and support Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am connected to my laptop through mobile data plan. But the laptop is consuming lot of data. It is more than 200 MB per minute or so, because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mandar_Jog, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet

I am connected to my laptop through mobile data plan. But the laptop is consuming lot of data. It is more than 200 MB per minute or so, because of which I am not able to work with my internet data plan. I have already disabled windows updates and all the other updates along with updates of antivirus as well. But it is not working at all.

:)

Mandar_Jog, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Aug 18, 2019
  3. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Good Afternoon!

Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version: 1703
    OS Build: 15063.11
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I noticed however, that the laptop is consuming huge amount of bandwidth and data on our internet (Ethernet indicator blinks rapidly). Then I tried checking the data usage:

Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet [​IMG]

However, after a minute or two, I tried checking again the data usage (I closed the setting and re-opened it again)

Please note that I'm not running any application as of now (except Microsoft Edge). Then I tried turning off the internet connection (by enabling airplane mode). Then I checked for the data usage again. The "SYSTEM" already consumed 2 MB of data even if on airplane mode.

I tried checking if there are updates available:

I also tried checking for application updates from Microsoft Store. I paused all the download and updates:

I disabled background apps but still the "SYSTEM" consumes considerably large amount of bandwidth and data:

My friend does have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1803. Her laptop doesn't eat bandwidth like mine.

So my question is:
    1. What is the "SYSTEM" process that eats my internet bandwidth and data?
    2. How do you stop it from consuming my internet bandwidth?

BryanJames16, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet

Windows uploding huge amount data when I not using the pc but connect to internet.

Hai I am using windows 10 pro November build....windows,one drive and other applications are upto date . But when I connect the internet and not using any application it automatically upload a huge amount data & download also (view in the dongle's statistics) .
    I am using limited data by dongle (Modem)..so it is cost effective to me & slower the browsing speed. I can't understand which application is uploading the data in the task manager. So some one give me suggestion how do I identify the application & stop it.

ShaswataChatterjee, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet

1. Windows 10 is utilizing huge data while connected to internet - Similar Threads - utilizing huge data

2. Internet non-utilization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet non-utilization: Hello, I'm not exactly sure how to even explain the issue....My PC wont utilize my internet connection to even 1% of it's capacity, not hyperbole. When it worked, I was hitting >100mb/s, now task manager gives me a 30kb/s on a good day. The strangest part though, is it...
  3. No internet connection while connected

No internet connection while connected: Hello,Since yesterday I have issues while connecting to the internet. On both ethernet and Wi-Fi. When booting up the computer after a week the internet connection shows up but cant connect to the internet.All the other devices are working, even other windows computers....
  4. Windows updated while no internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated while no internet connection: How is it possible that windows updates when the internet connection has been disabled ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-while-no-internet-connection/197382c4-a88c-4ad8-8d84-d12f991153d7
  5. Error prompt while connecting to Internet in windows 10

Error prompt while connecting to Internet in windows 10: Whenever I tried to connect to wired or wireless network this prompt pops up... How to resolve this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-prompt-while-connecting-to-internet-in/01011b5d-bea4-434d-b9de-ddf72e23ec2a
  6. HUGE DATA CONSUMPTION IN WINDOWS 10 PRO

HUGE DATA CONSUMPTION IN WINDOWS 10 PRO: I have installed a fresh new windows 10 pro version by using a bootable usb . the problem is that it is using data rapidly since my 1 gb data got sucked in 5 hours. i have turned on metered connection. it helped me but not fully satisfied me. people often say that windows is...
  7. cannot connect to internet while saying connected

cannot connect to internet while saying connected: hey there just turned on PC and steam wasn't connect so i open Firefox to see if i connected to internet or not and it wasn't so i restart my PC to see if that will be fixed or not and its just the same after trying some solutions in internet like ipconfig netsh reset...
  8. Huge Background data Consumption

Huge Background data Consumption: Data was consuming in background even i turn off the updates.Whenever i connect to a network automatically data was consuming but i cant understand which app is consuming.Every time i check data usage statistics system is consuming huge amount of data.Im attaching a...
  9. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  10. excessive data used while connecting my hp laptop to a internet.

excessive data used while connecting my hp laptop to a internet.: when I connect my internet to laptop with my mobile hotspot in just few minutes my data is exhausted. I purchased it just before some days. please help....