Windows 10: Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games??

Discus and support Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay... okay, so... I was watching this video on Fortnite just out of curiosity if the guy knew anything I didn't. He brought up this point: "...if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by peptobismalaaa, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games??

Okay... okay, so... I was watching this video on Fortnite just out of curiosity if the guy knew anything I didn't. He brought up this point:

"...if you play in 'WindowedFullscreen' or 'Windowed' mode, Windows will automatically enable VSync, which will make your game a lot slower and your mouse will feel sluggish."

Video link (starting at the statement): https://youtu.be/ghYYd8C3OBc?t=44

Now... this I have never ever heard of and can't seem to find actual documentation on Microsoft.com about it either just seemingly uninformative discussions saying yes or no.

So... is there any truth to this now or was there ever? I have seen people claiming that Windows 8/8.1 did on different forums, but all the posts are like... 2014-2015 pretty dated; and I am a desktop user... so I never ever had any interest in using 8.

And never have I ever seen a Vsync where the frame rate wasn't directly affected (capped at monitor's max/current refresh rate) so if Windows 10 IS forcing Vsync... how would I still be showing 120-159 fps in game with a refresh rate of 144Hz? Why would Microsoft implore a "discrete" Vsync when DirectX 12 is/was supposed to be the "future of gaming"?

Is this just outdated information or famous misinformation? I am truly curious to see if there is any reputable documentation that Windows 10 does force Vsync.

:)

peptobismalaaa, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games??

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games??

1. Windows 10: Is V-Sync Forced in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen Games?? - Similar Threads - Sync Forced Windowed

2. Force games into windowed mode on windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force games into windowed mode on windows 10 & 11: Hello, I'm currently playing Ni no kuni cross world for PC beta, but there is no option to play in windowed mode. Is there a solution for this?...
  3. Force games into windowed mode on windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force games into windowed mode on windows 10 & 11: Hello, I'm currently playing Ni no kuni cross world for PC beta, but there is no option to play in windowed mode. Is there a solution for this?...
  4. Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games): Hope someone can help out there. For about the last 6-9 months since some spurious Windows or Nvidia driver update, I have noticed that if I enable HDR within Windows 10, ANY game set to exclusive Full screen mode will force HDR on, regardless if the game supports HDR or not....
  5. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  6. Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen: Just noticed recently that if I have HDR enable, Windows 10 will try and force HDR on every game if its set to Exclusive Full screen regardless if the game supports HDR or not. This normally results in a terrible image for games that dont support HDR. The only fix seems to be...
  7. Forced update KB4598242 to Windows 10 v. 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update KB4598242 to Windows 10 v. 2004: What the hell are you people thinking? My laptop is completely trashed. My very expensive photo editing software is GONE. I want it back and I should NOT have to pay for it. I bought it once and YOU LOST IT. What kind of update wipes out purchased software? Every...
  8. How to force Night Light in every fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force Night Light in every fullscreen game?: When gaming at night I prefer to have Night Light enabled, to make the screen a little more orange so that the blue light won't mess with my melatonin levels. This is pretty well documented - there are many studies confirming that this does have an effect on sleep quality,...
  9. Sync android game to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync android game to Windows 10: I downloaded my game in BlueStacks but do not know how to sync game play progress from my android tablet to what is now on my PC. Can someone please tell me how to do that?...
  10. Why does DWM force triple buffering and v-sync in windowed games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does DWM force triple buffering and v-sync in windowed games?: It has just come to my attention that Windows 10 forces triple buffering and V-sync in windowed and borderless-windowed games via Desktop Window Manager. This is baffling to someone who plays latency critical games regularly and uses dual displays, though I would imagine it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FORCED VSYNC WINDOWS 1909

2. window 10 gaming windowed DWM vsync adaptive