Windows 10: Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

Discus and support Windows 10 is very very very dangerous in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dennisl, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dennisl Win User

Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's programs take many megabytes of space. For years I have not had a problem cloning my hard drives when I upgrade.

After the installation the first thing that happened was I noticed the audio was not present and it said repaired automatically but it was not. The error KMode exception not handled RTKVAC appeared. The computer boots over and over again with this very dangerous problem. It is supposed to be related to the HD audio driver. I went into safe mode and deleted the audio from the device manager. Installed the latest realtek for Windows 10 and the same problem. This is supposed to be version R279. After that the same exact problem. No audio and restarts over and over.

I find it hard to believe Microsoft does not know of this system problem.

Anybody have this and solve it. Please answer if you have. No speculation please this just waste time and forum time. I appreciate any info from those who have solved this problem.

:)

dennisl, Aug 10, 2015

2. worried very much

This is exactly what happened to my son's computer, when he upgraded to Win 10 his computer crashed and it has not worked since he installed Win 10 on the first day it was made available. I suspect it has destroyed the hard drive. When he turns it on the
    only thing that works is the fan inside the computer and that's it. This is a very expensive gaming computer, Microsoft please help!

Very very very concerned, Aug 10, 2015
  3. 3 year old PC not supported by Windows 10

I just spent an entire day, with the help of an IT buddy, finding out that my tower PC is no longer supported by Windows 10. For weeks I've been bombarded with updates and reminders about upgrading to Windows 10, ver 1609, but each time I upgrade I get
    a black screen around the 75% upgrade complete mark - and I'm forced to back-out to the previous version of Windows 10. Twice a day I'm forced to close an automatic upgrade cause I know its going to fail. Today I took the chance to use Windows 10 Assistant
    - assuming that because of all the issues I've been reading about, MS finally creates something we all can use. Turns out, it fails AGAIN! Only this time, I can't back-out to a previous version....my PC goes into a continues loop of rebooting. Literally
    10hrs later and I'm forced install Windows 8.1 and I'm still working no re-installing all my programs, configuring my system and loading backed-up data.

Never again Microsoft, this was the last straw - you've lost a customer forever....but I'm sure you don't give a crap about one customer - its clear in your product and support.

Very very very unhappy, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

What motherboard are you using?

ComedyCarnage, Aug 10, 2015
  5. See if this helps:

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2015
  6. dennisl Win User
    I don't know what the motheboard is. It is an hp elitebook 2540P with i7 intel and windows 7 ultimate installed. 160 gb ssd internal drive.

Right now I am only interested in rolling back to windows 7 again but can't do it in restore with safe mode. In regular start up it keeps rebooting before I can get it to the mode of going back to the windows 7 system. I like the interface of win 10 but I do not need these kind of problems. I have no problems with 7 and literally hate win 8. So, I will stick to Win 7 ultimate. Never ever had a problem with it. I can clone it back to the 7 ultimate from another disk but I have some newer added programs so I want to see if I can roll back to windows 7

dennisl, Aug 10, 2015
  7. dennisl Win User
    I rolled back to Win 7. You know it wasn't too many years ago when MS had this exact same problem with drivers not being compatible with upgrades. They should have learned something. No one should constantly have to go to compatibility mode unless they are running ancient software. I will wait until Windows 10 gets the bugs out. The problem I had as I researched said it was a common problem but is rather tedious to fix. I checked videos on youtube about it. To possible go to repair windows boot disk and re-enter your product number plus much more. Besides, this was a upgrade, there were no repair bootup disk or id. Good luck for those who are enjoying Windows 10. When a system works good it is great. A few problems though can make you really hate it.

dennisl, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

I agree, mine is stable but the first time it's not the windows 7 image is coming out, maybe try again in a cpl months see if they sorted your problems.

Some people are completely screwed.

Users should also make sure that they have a complete back up of their system before hand but most users are not really computer literate and have no idea what they are doing and just click upgrade.

Microchit needs to take responsibility for that because in reality they came to you peddling their wares and not the other way around. I'm sure in the T&Cs you have no comeback, its like buying a DVD Player off the back of a lorry there is no warranty.

I'm a big believer in that nothing is for free and If you don't back up your OS before the upgrade sometime in the future your gonna wish you had.

9. this is actually an intermitent issue on Windows 10, even since the preview build times.

Try this, if your OS's Speaker Icon is visible, right click on it then select & click [Playback Devices], then click on your speaker,
    then click properties on the lower right.

Windows 10 is very very very dangerous [​IMG]

now, on the PropertyDialog->Advanced Tab, select a LOWER bit rate than your default

Windows 10 is very very very dangerous [​IMG]

for example your in 24bit-48000Hz, switch to a 16bit or a lower 24bit

khronosangel, Aug 10, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you make a system restore disk to go along with your backup image? You should be able to boot from that and restore the backup image.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
    Now then that is a strange one because my upgrade disabled system restore and when system restore was disabled my rescue disk would not read system images.

12. Molyy Win User
    So you do restored to Win7 with the "roll back" feature? Did this work well? I'm thinking about creating a bootable disc with some other tools. But if this "roll back" works perfectly, I won't bother doing that.

Molyy, Aug 10, 2015
  13. wase4711 Win User

"windows is very very very dangerous"???????????????????????????????????????????????

wase4711, Aug 10, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your restore disk would not read system images or system restore points?

But that is why I use Macrium Reflect and the rescue media it creates.

Under no circumstances would I rely solely upon the roll back that Windows 10 upgrade was supposed to create.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  15. How exactly is it Microsoft's fault that third party drivers aren't working? Btw, they work on my system, although the graphic drivers could be improved.

fracking4oil, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is very very very dangerous - Similar Threads - very very very

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  4. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  5. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

6. File explorer/search very very very slow

File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  7. Update windows 10 build 19042.508 or 576 .. very very very bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update windows 10 build 19042.508 or 576 .. very very very bad: Hi Hi Download file iso windows 10 build 19042.576 And burn or bootable ...to flash drive.. After install show blue screen ... Another test Download file iso windows 10 build 19041.450 And burn or bootable ...to flash drive.. After install no problem. No...
  8. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...
  9. Windows 10 very very slow

Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  10. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...