Windows 10: Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops

Discus and support Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops. I am the only one with a Windows 7 Laptop (which I love). Updates are taking hours. We set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanaEngel, Jan 9, 2019.

1. DanaEngel Win User

Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops

Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops. I am the only one with a Windows 7 Laptop (which I love). Updates are taking hours. We set the update times to be after normal working hours, but they update during the normal working hours anyway. It is truly causing productivity issues with our company. After latest updates, employees are complaining that their memory is wiped out. After the big update April 2018, three of our laptops' microphones and speaker stopped working. We had to pay to have this issue fixed. I have read that Windows 10 is it and that these updates that are going out are Microsoft's way to avoid creating a completely new version. It has been reported that these updates are going out before they are really ready. I hate to complain without having a solution, but Windows has so many restrictions, that we have less control over our computers. I am not looking for any answers, but hope that someone at Microsoft reads this and realizes how we are being pushed towards MACs when we upgrade.

https://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

:)

DanaEngel, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. Windows 10 is wreaking havoc on our office laptops - Similar Threads - wreaking havoc office

2. Recent Windows 11, OneDrive, and 365 upgrades wreaking havoc. Frustrated with inability to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 11, OneDrive, and 365 upgrades wreaking havoc. Frustrated with inability to...: First, I already know, someone is going to say this ticket does not belong under Windows. But some of the issues ARE Windows Related. They are also 365 realated. AND some are OneDrive related, and Microsoft persistently INSISTS on not creating a OneDrive section.So here...
  3. Recent Windows 11, OneDrive, and 365 upgrades wreaking havoc. Frustrated with inability to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 11, OneDrive, and 365 upgrades wreaking havoc. Frustrated with inability to...: First, I already know, someone is going to say this ticket does not belong under Windows. But some of the issues ARE Windows Related. They are also 365 realated. AND some are OneDrive related, and Microsoft persistently INSISTS on not creating a OneDrive section.So here...
  4. Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade Wreaking Havoc!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade Wreaking Havoc!: Yesterday, I updated my HP laptop to Windows 10 22H2. Since then both Chrome and Edge are not working after a few minutes of normal internet browsing. For example, I will be on gmail working fine and eventually the browser stops working and tries to reconnect. Or when trying...
  5. Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade Wreaking Havoc!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade Wreaking Havoc!: Yesterday, I updated my HP laptop to Windows 10 22H2. Since then both Chrome and Edge are not working after a few minutes of normal internet browsing. For example, I will be on gmail working fine and eventually the browser stops working and tries to reconnect. Or when trying...
  6. Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade Wreaking Havoc!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  8. Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop: It has been more than a month since the windows 2004 update and my laptop and myself going mad. I have lost hours of work. I have disabled Windows search index to mitigate the effect on disk utilisation this continuously run at 100%. It was settled for a while but update...
  9. our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi: when it dissconnects it won't recconect again(can't connect to network) i have to turn my phones hotspot and connect it to that and connect it back to our wifi, any idea what's wrong? submitted by /u/alvherDcastro [link] [comments]...
  10. Wireless ergonomic keyboard(s) 4000 wreaking havoc with Office 365/2018 apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless ergonomic keyboard(s) 4000 wreaking havoc with Office 365/2018 apps: I have had two of these keyboards for some time and have loved using them. However, in the past week, one started spontaneously deleted data (emails from outlook, text from Word, Onenote) very rapidly and in large quantity. The only way to stop this is to turn off the...