Windows 10: Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to convert the disk partition type from "Dynamic Disk" to "Basic", I used 3rd party apps to do that then it restarted. When it should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dionjovan, Jul 25, 2018.

1. dionjovan Win User

Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor

Hi,

I tried to convert the disk partition type from "Dynamic Disk" to "Basic", I used 3rd party apps to do that then it restarted. When it should boot, it showed blue screen display with 0xc0000e errors. Then I tried to use Startup repair and also Automatic Repair using bootable usb installer but it didn't work. Finally I gave up and tried to clean reinstall by deleting the partition first. Then after the restart for installing session, it should boot to finish the installation but it only showed blinking cursor (underscore). I have tried to chkdsk and the disk was fine. What should I do?

PS: sorry for bad image

Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor 763f0ecf-726c-403b-8199-c1917c482442?upload=true.jpg

:)

dionjovan, Jul 25, 2018

2. blank screen with blinking cursor at boot to win10

Upgraded to windows 10.

Everything worked great for a few weeks. Recently turned off the computer and can't boot to windows anymore. The computer gets stuck on blank screen with blinking cursor. Will not show any win 10 screens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

andrewa_333, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Steve1380 Win User
    Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor

1. Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor - Similar Threads - isn't Booting Show

2. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. Allowed priority boot for USB. Nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  3. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. Allowed priority boot for USB. Nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  4. On boot there is a single blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On boot there is a single blinking cursor: Can't find a way to boot up. Installation USB stick doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-boot-there-is-a-single-blinking-cursor/4b12adc0-b017-4445-8a5d-0cdeb3df033b
  5. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  6. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  7. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then blinking cursor on boot: I was playing a game and then suddenly got a BSOD that said Hardware failure. Now it boots to the blinking cursor black screen. I can get into the bios and both SSD's are detected, along with all other Hardware. The only wierd thing was that my boot drive had changed...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only shows cursor