Windows 10: Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.

Discus and support Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, my headphones had been fine for a while. But, after I did a reset on my pc, they randomly stopped working. I'm fairly certain it doesn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cameron907, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.

So, my headphones had been fine for a while. But, after I did a reset on my pc, they randomly stopped working. I'm fairly certain it doesn't have anything to do with the drivers, since it only happened right after I reset my PC. Anyways, they literally just don't show up in my sound section. I also have tried both of my ports with a pair of earbuds and speakers; they don't work either. Please help. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones. :(

:)

Cameron907, Sep 14, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.

1. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones. - Similar Threads - isn't detecting headphones

2. Windows 11 isn't detecting my headphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 isn't detecting my headphone mic: I recently purchased a Headphone with a built-in mic but when I tried connecting it to my laptop, it only shows as a sound output device, there is no sign of the headphone mic anywhere. Under Sounds>Recording Tab, it only shows my laptop mic. I need some help here....
  3. Windows 11 isn't detecting my headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 isn't detecting my headphone mic: I recently purchased a Headphone with a built-in mic but when I tried connecting it to my laptop, it only shows as a sound output device, there is no sign of the headphone mic anywhere. Under Sounds>Recording Tab, it only shows my laptop mic. I need some help here....
  4. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphone mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphone mic.: Windows isn't detecting my headphone mic, there is no sign of my microphone in Sound settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-isnt-detecting-my-headphone-mic/d74f31ad-a12a-48db-a8e0-6aa8b18a21dd
  5. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphone mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphone mic.: Windows isn't detecting my headphone mic, there is no sign of my microphone in Sound settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-isnt-detecting-my-headphone-mic/d74f31ad-a12a-48db-a8e0-6aa8b18a21dd
  6. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphone mic.

7. Realtek Audio not isn't detecting my headphones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio not isn't detecting my headphones?: I bought a pair of steelseries arctis 3s and when I plug them in my computer shows no response to me doing so, no notification that something has been plugged in or anything. I've found a temporary solution that fixes my problem only until I turn off my computer or it...
  8. Realtek Audio not isn't detecting my headphones?

Realtek Audio not isn't detecting my headphones?: I bought a pair of steelseries arctis 3s and when I plug them in my computer shows no response to me doing so, no notification that something has been plugged in or anything. I've found a temporary solution that fixes my problem only until I turn off my computer or it...
  9. Windows 10 is not detecting my headphones ;-;!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not detecting my headphones ;-;!!: Pls help for above problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-detecting-my-headphones/e01ceb9b-00fa-4228-9d6c-6a0205370a06
  10. Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!: Okay, lets start. So last week I decided to do some cable management and adding some sweet RGB strips into my PC. A while after installation, say a day or two, I notice my Front Panel audio and microphone ports aren't playing back any sound or recording anything. I followed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop isnt detecting my headset

2. windows isnt detecting my headphones

3. win 10 isnt seeing my headphones

4. my pc isnt detecting my headphones,
  5. pc isnt detecting headphones,
  6. my computer isnt detecting my headset ,
  7. computer isnt detecting headset,
  8. windows isnt detecting my plugged in headset,
  9. my laptop isnt detecting headphones on windows 10,
  10. my computer isnt detecting my headphones,
  11. windows 10 isnt decting my earphones