Windows 10: Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I recently bought a Samsung SSD (860 EVO). I used the Samsung cloning software and cloned my laptop's native SSHD. I then replaced the native... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tubbytime, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Tubbytime Win User

Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD

Hi!

I recently bought a Samsung SSD (860 EVO). I used the Samsung cloning software and cloned my laptop's native SSHD. I then replaced the native drive with the newly cloned SSD, and got the error "Hard Drive - Not Installed". I've tried everything I could to no avail. I currently am running Windows off of my old drive connected to the laptop via the SATA-USB cable I used to clone the SSD. The SSD isn't in BIOS, device manager, or anywhere else.

:)

Tubbytime, Dec 2, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD - Similar Threads - isn't recognizing SSD

2. New SSD not recognized on clean windows download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD not recognized on clean windows download: So the other day I bought a new SSD for my rog m16 laptop because I got a s.m.a.r.t. statud bad issue. When trying to install windows onto the new SSD I was unable to find it, however the bios seems to recognize the SSD. I already tried pressing shift + f10 however the SSD is...
  3. New SSD not recognized on clean windows download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD not recognized on clean windows download: So the other day I bought a new SSD for my rog m16 laptop because I got a s.m.a.r.t. statud bad issue. When trying to install windows onto the new SSD I was unable to find it, however the bios seems to recognize the SSD. I already tried pressing shift + f10 however the SSD is...
  4. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  5. Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  6. New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New NVMe SSD not recognized by Windows 10: Hi All, My new Lenovo laptop came with a WDC 250GB NVMe SSD and had a spare M.2 slot to which I added another WDC 500GB drive. Windows 10 Home Single Language edition came pre-installed in the first SSD. The BIOS is able to 'see' the second drive. See the boot menu image...
  7. SSD with a Windows installation isn't recognized as a boot drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD with a Windows installation isn't recognized as a boot drive: Hi everyone! Recently my HDD has failed due to a physical inconvenience. Normally, that wouldn't matter, as I had my Windows installation on a M.2 SSD drive, but the catch is that, when first building my computer, I didn't yet have that M.2 drive, and so, I had to install...
  8. Windows not recognizing new SSD

Windows not recognizing new SSD: Hello everyone. Due to my computer's unbearably slow performance, I recently purchased a 8 TB Seagate Barracuda SSD and a USB to SATA cable. I connected it into my USB port; however, nothing appears in My Computer. Every help article on the web says to assign it a drive...
  9. New Windows 10 Upgrade and SD card isn't recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 Upgrade and SD card isn't recognized: I recently installed Windows 10 and when I put a SD card in the slot now, it is not recognized or show the SD card Drive. Can someone give me some help?...
  10. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD: I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot. When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the...