Windows 10: Windows 10 iso not bootable

Discus and support Windows 10 iso not bootable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by felix_thmas, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 iso not bootable

I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb 8.1 gigs with BalenaEtcher.

It showed a message:

"Missing partition table. It looks like this is not a bootable image. The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device."

I burned it anyway, and tried to boot into it but it was not recognized as a bootable drive and did not show up in the one-time boot menu when I pressed f12 on startup.

Specs:

Inspiron 5570

8.1 gigs pny generic usb drive

Windows 10 October 2020 Update English 64-bit iso downloaded from

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

felix_thmas, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 11, 2020
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 iso not bootable

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 iso not bootable

1. Windows 10 iso not bootable - Similar Threads - iso bootable

2. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  3. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  4. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When...: Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When running the create media tool, get to "Download Now" but nothing happens -- no error messages - nothing...
  6. Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When...

Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When...: Trying to create a bootable Windows 11 ISO drive on a new USB with 64 GB capacity. When running the create media tool, get to "Download Now" but nothing happens -- no error messages - nothing...
  7. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  8. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  9. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

10. I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...

I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...: I have a possibly infected windows computer and I also have a Google Chromebook. I wanted to make a bootable USB with Windows Media Creator, but on the Chromebook, you can't do that, all you can get is an ISO file onto the USB. So, I downloaded a windows ISO file from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. It looks like this is not a bootable image The image does not appear to contain a partition table and might not be recognised or bootable by your device

2. windows 10 iso doesn not contain a partition table problem