Windows 10: Windows 10 ISO Question

Discus and support Windows 10 ISO Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My question is if the Win 10 ISO thumb drive you create to do a fresh install usable to install Win 10 on another PC? I had Win 7 Pro on my old PC. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DasDonster, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 ISO Question

My question is if the Win 10 ISO thumb drive you create to do a fresh install usable to install Win 10 on another PC? I had Win 7 Pro on my old PC. I did the Win 10 upgrade. Then did the fresh install using the ISO. I had already built a new gaming machine with Win 7 Pro before the release of Win 10. I would like to use the same Win 10 ISO I created on a thumb drive on my new PC to create a dual boot system.

Thanks in advance!

:)

DasDonster, Nov 16, 2015

2. Question about the Windows 10 ISO

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It would be a clean install if you use an ISO file to install Windows 10.

For more information you may refer to the following link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Raju S Das, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Question about the Windows 10 ISO

Will the iso do a clean install on my computer or can i do an upgrade with the iso?

lilpaladin21, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Mc Ruff Win User

Windows 10 ISO Question

As long as both PC's are 64 bit there should not be any problems.

I have been using ISO's that I have created from my virtual box machine upgrade ESD file to create a dual boot set up and then later to update my desktop machine.

Mc Ruff, Nov 16, 2015
  5. The install media has nothing to do with your license, so it can be used thousands of times if you feel like doing so. The license or key determines what is legit and what isn't.

DeaconFrost, Nov 16, 2015
  6. Thanks Mc Ruff and DeaconFrost!

DasDonster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 ISO Question

1. Windows 10 ISO Question - Similar Threads - ISO Question

2. Windows Clean ISO - Questions and Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Clean ISO - Questions and Problems: Windows Version number: 21H1 (Build 19043.1151) All Updates are downloaded and successfully installed. Just these 5 Apps are installed OOBE: Screenshot - 8170fa9236a58ca33efc0cca2aee7afd - Gyazo 1. Is it possible to delete Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update tool from...
  3. Question: How much space would compressing 180 double-layer DVD images in .ISO format would...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question: How much space would compressing 180 double-layer DVD images in .ISO format would...: If it won't save any space, it's time for me to get Box Drive Personal Pro for $79.99 per year and move some of my content on OneDrive to my Box Drive....
  4. Question: Is it allowed/legal to debloat/modify Windows 10 (ISO and the OS) using...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: Is it allowed/legal to debloat/modify Windows 10 (ISO and the OS) using...: I don't really mind if it breaks a bit due to whatever I do. Purely worried I could void Microsoft's agreements and lose my Windows copy, however unlikely, though. Ex. I don't want OneDrive and some of the Microsoft Store apps. Possibly other things, if I notice I can remove...
  5. ISO from RECOVERY question.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO from RECOVERY question.: Hello to the forum. Have been given advice from this forum regarding w10p 1909 problems but having problems getting an iso. Then saw this thread How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive I am trying to download the 1909 iso from HeiDoc but not succeeding (poor...
  6. sending iso to usb question

sending iso to usb question: I will be downloading windows 10 iso using media creation tool soon. I prepared the usb drive earlier following tutorial, my question is do I right click on the Iso file when it's done and click on send to my usb drive or, do I need to put the iso on a dvd disc first? Thanks!...
  7. Questions regarding the Windows 10 ISO file

Questions regarding the Windows 10 ISO file: Yes yes indeed! I want to download the Windows 10 ISO file. Question: when I do that, does it download the full install, so when ever I need to do an In-Place repair, I don't have to download the whole thing all over again? Also, can I install this on another Drive other...
  8. Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about modifying a bootable image / ISO: Hey guys, I thought I'd turn here and ask you lovely gurus about this. I used to work in the IT department if a rather large Sandwich shop in Chicago that had done something that I am trying to replicate. Long story short, the way they would setup and distribute the company...
  9. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  10. Question about downloading a legitimate Windows 10 ISO to a thumb drive

Question about downloading a legitimate Windows 10 ISO to a thumb drive: What is the preferred disc format for saving a Windows 10 downloaded ISO file to an external USB drive? Must it always be NTFS, or could exFAT serve the purpose as well? I've got a USB 2 stick that's got a previous 18-something version of Windows 10 on it, which happens to...