Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound Test shows increased volume but no sound is actually played on my NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Troubleshooter shows the below Publisher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Koen2204, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Koen2204 Win User

WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound

Sound Test shows increased volume but no sound is actually played on my NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

Troubleshooter shows the below Publisher Details:

Sound
    Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound.
    Package Version: 4.5
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows
    Playing Audio
    Find and fix problems with playing sound
    Package Version: 4.5
    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
    Hardware and Devices
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
    Package Version: 4.1
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

Has anyone experienced similar sound issues in Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Koen2204, Oct 17, 2020

2. NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem

My desktop, HP Omen #870-119 have the driver problem in Device Manager and show with an exclamation mark on that line. I was going to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Audio in Device Manager also I have the other driver, Realtek High Definition Audio too. The Realtek High Definition Audio driver is working properly but not NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver. But I was told by someone that I have to change in BIOS to have Realtek High Defintion Audio in Sound. And I have no idea which key command get into BIOS on my HP Omen #870-119. Also my graphic card is ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB and is working with no problem. So what is your suggestion about to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Driver from Device Manager or in program? Oh one more thing is about my operating system and is Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64X version 1909.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Oct 17, 2020
  3. kleph Win User
    Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Oct 17, 2020
  4. WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound

Windows 10 - No Sound with Conexant High Definition Smart Audio HD 2

Thanks!!! In my laptop HP dv 6707 us this work perfect!!! WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound :)

AndrewRacer, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound

1. WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound - Similar Threads - issue NVIDIA High

2. NVIDIA High Definition Audio Not Plugged In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio Not Plugged In Windows 10: Hello,Overnight, my computer audio has stopped working. I was using the computer last night playing audio over my speakers and everything was fine, and I shut the computer down. When I turned it on today and went to play something, I realized my audio wasn't working and when...
  3. Windows 10 High Definition Audio issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 High Definition Audio issues.: In the driver manager and the taskbar i cannot see the realtek high definition audio and I tried updating with the latest driver from both the motherboard and from realtek here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver...
  4. nvidia high definition audio not plugged in windows 10

nvidia high definition audio not plugged in windows 10: So, my good audio, says its not plugged in. i can hear through my headphones, but when I goto sound, right click and go to playback, it says" Nvidia high definition audio not plugged in" so I get **** sound and I need help...
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio issues

Realtek High Definition Audio issues: Alright... here we go Earlier today i was having some audio issues and after messing around with the settings for a while i thought it would be a good idea to just remove the device through the sound control panel and when i went to do that it asked me if i would like to go...
  6. Audio High Definition Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio High Definition Sound Not Working: How do I correct this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-high-definition-sound-not-working/00f901ce-423d-44bc-bceb-668acdd27432
  7. NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem

NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem: My desktop, HP Omen #870-119 have the driver problem in Device Manager and show with an exclamation mark on that line. I was going to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Audio in Device Manager also I have the other driver, Realtek High Definition Audio too. The Realtek High...
  8. 2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio: [ATTACH] My problem is the "2-" on the name of driver, any fix solution? The audio works perfectly but the "2-" is very discomfort https://preview.redd.it/3edrsvckecg41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=40e7483a6c0433d255fa8c189c32234b584e9a2d...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller Issues

High Definition Audio Controller Issues: As of today my computer's audio has stopped working. I check in Device Manager and see that there is an issue with the "High Definition Audio Controller". I tried disabling it and enabling it but that did not work. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still did...
  10. Windows 10 Sound drivers Realtex & Nvidia High Definition

Windows 10 Sound drivers Realtex & Nvidia High Definition: I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkstation P300 with an i7 Intel CPU and 16GB main memory. I also have installed a Nividia Quadro K4000 with 3GB ram. The K4000 HDMI connected to my Nec monitor through an Integra AVR with speakers that produces any sound output from...