Windows 10: Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am all of a sudden having a issue with Videos GoPro MP4 specifically randomly freezing , it is not like some other posts where they say it freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimDirt, Oct 26, 2021.

1. JimDirt Win User

Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

I am all of a sudden having a issue with Videos GoPro MP4 specifically randomly freezing , it is not like some other posts where they say it freezes and audio continues , it just flat locks up for maybe 10 seconds , then plays again , like nothing happened , then may do it again ...I have tried using Windows Media Player , Quick Time Player and Movies & TV a default movie app I am guessing ? < I have also tried updating my video drivers twice 2 different versions , I have a feeling it has to do with some Windows Update that has recently happened , as everything has worked f

:)

JimDirt, Oct 26, 2021

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2021
  3. MP4 playback issues

I had read online and in other answers to try sfc and DISM earlier and had already done it, they found no issues.

i went and did a system refresh to see if it would fix the mp4 reading issues and i did nothing, i have found 1-2 videos that do play but not all.

again my older laptop that also runs windows 10 is fully able to play all the mp4 files without issue

CrimsonW0lf, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

MP4 Repair

I gave that program a try last night and it said my corrupted file wasn't the right format..... Although all gopro files are mp4 and the videos before and after were just fine haha. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try it again using a bunch of different reference videos and see if that fixes it.

jasper1605, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

1. Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing - Similar Threads - issue MP4 GoPro

2. Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing: I am all of a sudden having a issue with Videos GoPro MP4 specifically randomly freezing , it is not like some other posts where they say it freezes and audio continues , it just flat locks up for maybe 10 seconds , then plays again , like nothing happened , then may do it...
  3. Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 issue with MP4 GoPro Video Playback Random Freezing: I am all of a sudden having a issue with Videos GoPro MP4 specifically randomly freezing , it is not like some other posts where they say it freezes and audio continues , it just flat locks up for maybe 10 seconds , then plays again , like nothing happened , then may do it...
  4. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: Hey all, I have MSI 2080ti and noticed that after installing geforce drivers, I have video playback issues, for example in hulu app or web there is black screen with sound only, no video. Also in youtube, videos are playing corrupted like this: https://imgur.com/KN2jKSS...
  5. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issues: I'm one of the many, many, many people seeing the video glitch with Windows 10. I play a video, or a .gif file, and it gets zoomed in to a pixellated mess, and I'm left staring at (for instance) Philip DeFranco's mouth, and nothing else. At least, I think it's his mouth. Hard...
  6. Video playback issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video playback issues.: Whenever I try to watch a video on YouTube, the video will display the buffering circle. If the video is from an ad, the video screen will display a blank green screen. Audio for all videos works, just the image itself doesn't. I have windows 10, and let my computer install...
  7. Video Playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  8. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...
  9. Video Playback Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Freezes: Hi all~ When I play videos on my laptop, the picture and audio will freeze after about 15 minutes while the timeline continues to move. If I wait for a minute, the picture will suddenly fast forward, trying to catch up to the timeline, while the audio resumes normally. Once...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...