Windows 10: Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

Discus and support Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Wavlink docking port with my HP ZBook 15 G3 to connect two external LG displays. Total displays 3 notebook internal + 2 externalWith the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IBRAHIM D METWALLY, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

I am using a Wavlink docking port with my HP ZBook 15 G3 to connect two external LG displays. Total displays 3 notebook internal + 2 externalWith the latest windows update, every few minutes, windows somehow realizes it does not recognize the multi-display setup, display freezes, goes black, then all applications/windows are displayed momentarily on the notebook screen, then windows realizes there is a multi-display docking port, and Windows will at its own discretion decide which application / window appears on one of the displays regardless of the original location of that window/applicati

:)

IBRAHIM D METWALLY, Apr 28, 2021

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Multiple Display NOT Working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and then try to set up multiple monitors.

I suggest you to update the Graphics card drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Display adapters” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    Connect a second monitor or projector

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update

1. Windows 10 issue with multiple display after update - Similar Threads - issue multiple display

2. Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.: Hi!Acer Aspire ES1-731Windows 10, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2251.Updates yesterday 12/12:KB5020030KB5019959the OS is in French, some of the following error messages might not be 100% exactMultiple issues after updates. It started after installation of updates was complete and...
  3. Multiple display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display issues: I am having multiple issues with the way my computer interacts with my monitors, for one, I can't turn HDR on in the settings, as it automatically flips itself off, but windows is still displaying in HDR mode outside of games, meaning that if I'm playing a game and a...
  4. Multiple display issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple display issues: I am having multiple issues with the way my computer interacts with my monitors, for one, I can't turn HDR on in the settings, as it automatically flips itself off, but windows is still displaying in HDR mode outside of games, meaning that if I'm playing a game and a...
  5. Display issues after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display issues after windows 10 update: Hi, Just after the recent update September end immidiately after updating Windows my graphics have become much worse blurryness and less sharpness of detail I see it on desktop in games, never had this issue. Please do t say its my drives because I have uninstalled and and...
  6. Issues with multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with multiple displays.: So, I have an issue with having my laptop hooked up to a monitor. I'm using them as extended displays, have a couple programs open on the laptop screen, and a fullscreen game on the monitor. The issue I'm having is, when I go fullscreen on my game, anything on the laptops...
  7. Windows 10 display issues after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display issues after update: Usually I use my ideapad flex connected to a second display and for the past week or so I was just mainly using a second screen keeping the main laptop screen off. Now I can't get the laptop screen to turn back on. I was only able to get the laptop touchscreen to power on if...
  8. Multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays issue: OK, I have a HP Laptop connected to 2 monitors via a (HP) docking station. I have set the display up as an extended display across the 3 displays. The laptop display is display one and the primary display is display 2 and it works perfectly except for two issues. Issue 1: On...
  9. Multiple Issues after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Issues after Windows Update: I have an Asus Zenbook and ever since the latest windows update my keyboard has stopped working. I was able to sign into my laptop using the touch sensor but every time i try typing something in my keyboard it just locks my laptop and brings me back to the sign in screen....
  10. Issue with Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with Multiple Displays: Trying to add a second monitor to my setup. Currently have a monitor using a display cable. I tried to add a second monitor to the video card via the DVI cable and windows 10 sees it okay and identifies it just right. However unless I am actually dragging something my mouse...