Windows 10: Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel

Discus and support Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Office Excel in Windows 10. On many occasions when I am saving a file the system selects another file rather than the one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GloriaMyers1, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel

I am having an issue with Office Excel in Windows 10. On many occasions when I am saving a file the system selects another file rather than the one I am trying to save. It happens when I select "Save As". This could cause me to loose a file with important information. It does not necessarily select a file I recently saved. I now have to be extremely careful when saving a file in Excel. This has happened when I have tried saving it to documents or to an external hard drive.

:)

GloriaMyers1, May 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2020
  3. EXCEL

This does not sound like a "Windows 10" specific issue as much as a Microsoft Office (Excel) issue.

• What version of Microsoft Office (Excel) is involved here?
    • Do you have the installation media and product key for your Microsoft Office (Excel) safe and sound someplace?

Shenan Stanley, May 28, 2020
  4. gvlral Win User

Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel

Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success.

I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an error window.

"Errors were detected while saving 'Path and file name'.xlsx. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue, To cancel saving the file, click Cancel."

After selecting Continue, thinking the file got corrupted, the reply was file not saved.

I tried this Office 365 on a 32 bit system that was upgraded from the Windows 10 preview version without issue. Anyone with suggestions please post as I don't want to install Office 365 at this time.

gvlral, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel

1. Windows 10 Issue with Office Excel - Similar Threads - Issue Office Excel

2. Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues: I’m having issues with MS office 365 excel following a Windows 11 upgrade. The program is very latent, meaning one character is typed and I have to wait 30seconds for it to respond. Excel is the only program I am having issues with. I have taken the following actions:-Repair...
  3. Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues: I’m having issues with MS office 365 excel following a Windows 11 upgrade. The program is very latent, meaning one character is typed and I have to wait 30seconds for it to respond. Excel is the only program I am having issues with. I have taken the following actions:-Repair...
  4. Windows 10 - Office 365- Excel saving issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Office 365- Excel saving issue: I went to save the file "Service Schedule & Prod Results.xlsx" and the notification box came up to say "We can't save Hopky Part number List.xlsx because the file is read only." See screen shot below. Why did this select a different file from the file I was working with? The...
  5. office excel

office excel: I cannot open excel on my desk top, I do not know why or what happened. The message reads...... [TargetInvocationException} Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation,: [ExternalException] A generic error occurred in GDI+.....this is exactly as it reads. Does...
  6. office excel 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    office excel 2007: why do I keep getting an error in office 2007 STDOLE32.tlb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-2007/b77a8896-af42-4b81-9012-8ab19c1963bc
  7. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel: just installed Windows 10 and now my Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel docs open I see data, and then immediately close. Please advise how I can fix this, as I noted from the microsoft website that Windows 10 should recognize Microsoft 2013....
  8. Excel, Office 365

Excel, Office 365: Hello, I am having puting 11-20 into a cell. It converts it to date format, Nov-20, and when I change the format to General it converts it to 44136. Same thing happens when I use the Number format. Only seems to be for this data, i.e. 11-20. Any ideas? Thanks....
  9. MS Office Last Update - Excel VBA issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office Last Update - Excel VBA issue: Hi all, I have been updated again... now I have serious trouble with my Excel VBA files. If I try to make some modifications in code some actions lead into Excel crash: Select a part of code and trying to del ---> crash Press "Reset" button in editor ---> crash (even...
  10. Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue: I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success. I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an...