Windows 10: Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

Discus and support Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Decided to finally ask the question here and maybe get some help solving some issues I have been having with Windows 10. A little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JrodTX, Apr 23, 2020.

1. JrodTX Win User

Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

Hello!

Decided to finally ask the question here and maybe get some help solving some issues I have been having with Windows 10.

A little background, I have an older computer that has been upgraded over the years that I have had it. I originally tried Windows 10 back when it was for free and ran into the same problems that I am having today with random freezes/hang ups. At that time I rolled back to Windows 7 because it was incredibly stable and I thought I would give Windows 10 another shot once they ironed out some of the bugs...and here we are today, experiencing the same issues.

What I am seeing: random freezes/hang ups. It doesn't happen with any particular program, command, or time frame after booting. The task bar basically freezes the clock no longer updates time, you cannot open any new programs or close programs that are open but you can minimize/maximize programs that are open/etc. You cannot shut down or restart using a command, even though you can open and maneuver around the Start Menu. If you open Task Manager it will launch but when you ask it to close a program or restart the Explorer the whole system freezes and you can no longer manipulate anything.

I've looked into the Event Log but no events show up for that time period to lead me to believe they caused the issue, and I have corrected a few issues on a whim thinking they might be related, but no luck. I have tried several troubleshooting ideas that I found on these forums and others including checking all drivers. I have also tried a reset while keeping my files, and even a full wipe/reset most recently and still ran into this issue even when it was fresh install and no programs were installed yet. So I feel like I am at a loss with what to do next.

Information on my Computer:

Dell XPS 630i

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Version 1909 Build 18363.778

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Let me know what other information will be helpful. Greatly appreciative of the assistance to get this computer running with the latest and greatest.

Thank you!

:)

JrodTX, Apr 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Windows 10 random freeze

Hi,

Did you make any changes recently to the computer which may have led to random freeze?

Random hangs are often due to damage to the Windows configuration, faulty hardware, or malware. However, because this behavior is random, it can be especially difficult to identify the proper cause.

Random hangs can also be caused by other faulty hardware. Consult with your PC manufacturer to run available hardware diagnostics. This could include:

• PC diagnostics that test the integrity of the core PC devices, such as the processor fans and cooling system
    • Video and display diagnostics
    • Additional hard drive diagnostics

I would request you to perform SFC scan(if you have not tried it) and then check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files
    and restore corrupted files.

To know about SFC and to perform a SFC Scan, please refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please revert if you still face the random hang.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

1. Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs - Similar Threads - Issue Random Freezes

2. Computer freezing/hanging at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing/hanging at random times: Hey all Recently my computer custom built has been freezing which usually starts with audio cutting out then the screen Freezing along with all the mouse and keyboard inputs. The only way I can solve it is by holding the power button and then Turing the computer back on which...
  3. Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs: About once or twice a day, my computer randomly hangs or freezes and it's super annoying. This problem started happening after reinstalling windows onto my new SSD from my hard drive. I have updated windows and reinstalled graphics drivers. I've used HWiNFO64 and it all...
  4. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing: Hi, everyone. My PC has been freezing lately, and the only thing I could do to get out of it was power down and restart. I tried all the suggested updates and system checks from the forums but they didn't work. Then I read someone's experience of a faulty cable causing...
  5. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...
  6. Panic Hanging issue ( Randomly )

Panic Hanging issue ( Randomly ): I am using 50+ systems but in recent procurement total 10 PC Giving Panic trouble of random Hanging or Reboot My System is Lenovo M710q Windows 10 x64 Genius RAM : 16 GB CPU intel i5 7th Gen Hard disk : Kingstone 240GB SSD Software : SQL and Visual Studio License...
  7. Windows 10 random freeze/hangs. BSOD 0x00000124

Windows 10 random freeze/hangs. BSOD 0x00000124: Hello! My computer randomly hangs/freezes so I have to do a hard reset to start it up again. This happens under various circumstances. It can happen when I am gaming or when I am just browsing the internet. I also got a few BSOD's with the Whea uncorrectable error...
  8. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  9. Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of): I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread. I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the...
  10. Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279: After a clean install of Build 14279, then reinstalling several programs, I'm getting occasional and random freeze-ups. Blutos Cousin posted the following: I've been having random freezing in 14279 rs1 where the mouse pointer disappears and turns into something that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb mouse & keyboard freeze