Windows 10: Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Every since a big update in late Dec. I have had an issue with explorer becoming unresponsive, most notably nothing happens when you click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by N8tvm, Jan 21, 2018.

1. N8tvm Win User

Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade

Hello,
    Every since a big update in late Dec. I have had an issue with explorer becoming unresponsive, most notably nothing happens when you click the start button, other things become sluggish and flaky also. I have found a temporary fix but I would like to know what is going on. I can ctl+alt+Del and get into task manager go to details right click explorer and analyze wait chain and end task on Svchost.exe underneath syncsettingshost. usually at or near the bottom of the list.

Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade [​IMG]

The system will work normally for a while but eventually the issue returns. I have several machines having the same issue.
    Any ideas?
    Windows 10 x64 Ver. 10.10.16266

:)

N8tvm, Jan 21, 2018

2. printer not responding "wrong paper size"

printer not responding after MS windows 10 upgrade on or around 10 Dec 2017. I upgraded to windows 10 on 13 July 2017and was able to print.

For the last week since MS widows 10 upgrade I have not been able to print. The error keeps flagging "wrong paper size" despite no changes being made before or after the upgrade.

Stephen PeterMcNamara, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Rodney1ef Win User
    ARROW

How can I make ARROW as bright as possible Dec 2017 windows 10 upgraded

Rodney1ef, Jan 21, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 22, 2018
  5. N8tvm Win User
    The other mackine is an intel x99 series.

N8tvm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade - Similar Threads - issues Dec 2017

2. Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade: Dears, I have "HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook" for my work, it's started to act weird after I upgraded My Windows 10 to version 1809. Laptop temp is hotter than usual, and CPU fan is running almost all the time when I have all my apps opened. Even when all my apps are...
  3. Network Connection Issues After Dec. 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Connection Issues After Dec. 10 Update: [ATTACH] I started experiencing regular network connection issues after the recent update on or around December 10. Every 10-15 minutes Windows executes "Logon" and "Special Logon" events in the background, which always disconnect this device from the network. I have...
  4. Unable to run Quicken 2017 after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run Quicken 2017 after upgrading to Windows 10: After upgrading my HP laptop to Windows 10, Quicken 2017 completely stopped working. I downloaded the program again from quicken.com, it seemed to install properly, but won't run. When I click the icon a little blue circle appears for an instant, as if it's going to run,...
  5. Npcap Loopback Adapter (Dec 2017 Win 10 Update) interfering with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Npcap Loopback Adapter (Dec 2017 Win 10 Update) interfering with VPN?: Hi, Over the last few weeks I have been having endless problems in using my VPN (PIA) via its Win 10 App. The VPN has been informed of the problem. I have also noticed that a recent Win 10 Update installed something called Npcap Loopback Adapter. After searching on the...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 After Dec. 31

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 After Dec. 31: I think I was told that it's possible to do a Clean Install with Windows 10 from windows 8 without the need to Upgrade through Assistive Technologies First, is this true? I'm also wondering, can this be done after the deadline of Dec, 31 as I understand it? I assume it...
  7. Dec 31, 2017 Deadline free win 7 to Win 10 upgrade approaching

Dec 31, 2017 Deadline free win 7 to Win 10 upgrade approaching: For all those that were not aware the deadline is soon approaching (December 31, 2017) for the last free upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users Microsoft: Final Free Windows 10 Upgrade Offer Ends Dec. 31 | News & Opinion...
  8. Watch the Game Awards 2017 Live Dec. 7th

in Windows 10 News
    Watch the Game Awards 2017 Live Dec. 7th: The Game Awards 2017 live show will air from Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Thursday December 7th, 2017- 9PM ET/ 6PM PT. Celebrate the best games and gamers of 2017 and get a preview of the most anticipated games of the future. The Game Awards will be streamed on a...
  9. OneDrive.live.com currently having issues Dec. 17, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive.live.com currently having issues Dec. 17, 2017: Title: OneDrive web application issue User Impact: Users may be unable to access the OneDrive web application located at Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.. More info: Affected users may encounter an error which states,...
  10. AOL Instant Messenger discontinued on Dec. 15th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    AOL Instant Messenger discontinued on Dec. 15th 2017: As of December 15, 2017, AOL Instant Messenger products and services will be shut down and will no longer work.If you are an AOL member, AOL products and services​ ​like AO​​L Mail, AOL Desktop Gold an​d Member​ Subscriptions will not be affected.​ To view your benefits,...