Windows 10: Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Discus and support Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AronD1, Nov 20, 2019.

1. AronD1 Win User

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum and alcoholic wipes (99%) After doing all this and plugging everything back in my PC was stalling at “Verifying DMI pool data” but then it would go to the Windows logo then restart and hence I was stuck in a loop. So, I done probably a bad thing here, and just decided that I would just completely format the drive and reinstall Windows. I already had stuff saved on my other drive, unplugged at the time, and my PC had been slow recently anyways. So I plugged in my DVD drive and fired up the Windows 10 Disk, chose to Boot from CD/ROM and went to repair this pc then troubleshooting and tried too reset ALL. This failed multiple times and after restarting, my PC failed to locate an operating system. So I assumed if I clicked install now instead of repair this pc that I would be back on track. No this didn’t work either after formatting all partions and choosing the one I wanted the install would go through but then I would get stuck at “Getting devices ready” after the restart. Frustrated at this point I decided I would try another empty hard drive I have as I did suspect it could be HDD failure. It’s not working on this hard drive either and I’m getting the exact same issue.

I suspect maybe there is a fault with the CPU or Motherboard causing this as it’s clearly not a hard drive failure since I can recreate the issue on multiple hard drives.

Any advice would be appreciated and if I make any progress on my own I will update this thread.

Specs, incase it’s necessary

AMD Fx6300 6 Core CPU
    Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 MOBO
    Award BIOS (If useful)
    AMD Radeon R9 380 GPU
    16gb DDR3 RAM (4x4)
    1TB Seagate HDD (First drive I tried)
    500GB Seagate HDD (Second drive I tried)
    Windows 10 Home Edition

Hope someone can help with this issue.

Thanks.

:)

AronD1, Nov 20, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

I have the well known to the webs 'Start Menu Not working / Slow opening apps from taskbar' like you in RS3 aka Fall Creators update,
    Even after CLEAN windows install...and there is no permanent fix out there, until M$ fix it.
    So i have clean install RS2 Iso and block the updates so RS3 dont install to my system.
    Im waiting for RS4 to be released hopefully fixes all those issues...but i doubt, they only thing they do is adding more and more bloatware.

Proof of my problem:

Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
    Fix Windows 10 Menu Not Working – Easy Steps - The Windows Plus

All those articles are fresth from January 2018, mind you all those ''FIXES'' dont work.

Video from 2015, until now the problems still exist:

LocoDiceGR, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

1. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD - Similar Threads - Issues clean installing

2. Clean Windows 10 install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 install issues: Hello all, I just finished my first PC build: https://newegg.io/056075b As a professional software engineer, I thought for sure that installing the operating system would be the easiest part of the build for me. However, I have spent nearly 20 unbelievably frustrating hours...
  3. Installing Windows 10 from a DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 from a DVD: I am trying to install Windows 10 from a DVD and it isn't working. It's as if my computer isn't recognizing that there is even a DVD. I have tried everything I know to get this to work! Help!!! I have followed all of the instructions and nothing works. My computer will not...
  4. Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

Clean Windows 10 installation issues.: I am attempting to do a reformat and clean install booting fromW10 USB. When its all done and Windows is ready I still have my old desktop wallpaper and a bunch of desktop files showing. I have gone through the process twice and used the Custom installation option and...
  5. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  6. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  7. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  8. windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD: I want to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 to clean install. I see download, and USB, on the Microsoft store online. However, I want to erase my hard disk, and freshly install Windows 10. Where can I purchase a copy and be legal with my product key? Thank you...
  9. 1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?

1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?: I have my new build assembled and ready to install Windows 10 Pro. I purchased The Windows 10 DVD from Amazon just last week so I believe it is relatively new. While reading the clean install guidelines and step by step instructions, it mostly talks about installing from a...
  10. decided to do clean install from dvd

decided to do clean install from dvd: Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install on it? Or i have to delete D:...