Windows 10: Windows 10 issues galore

Discus and support Windows 10 issues galore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let me start with a quote on Microsoft profits............ "Microsoft gross profit for the quarter ending March 31, 2020 was $24.046B, a 17.87%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ianmantra, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Ianmantra Win User

Windows 10 issues galore

Let me start with a quote on Microsoft profits............ "Microsoft gross profit for the quarter ending March 31, 2020 was $24.046B, a 17.87% increase year-over-year. Microsoft gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2020 was $94.548B, a 18.23% increase year-over-year. Microsoft annual gross profit for 2019 was $82.933B, a 15.17% increase from 2018."

Admittedly that is 'Gross' profit but I am sure the Nett figure is still something worth having in someone's bank account. So I hear you ask 'What's this got to do with Windows 10 or even this forum' and I would say this 'If you are reading this you probably have been on Microsofts' site searching for answers to issues you have with Windows 10', just like me....trying to get this software to work as it should do. I've spent day's even weeks of my time trying this and that to solve one problem after another since I upgraded to windows 10 from win7, a platform with which I seldom had any issues just like XP but hey its progress, so they said, but choice was removed by the virtue that they stopped supporting those platforms! Fortunately I was able to continue using my existing laptop, as the spec was good enough, unlike so many who had to replace their systems if they wanted 'security'!

If we, as users, are forced to make these so called upgrades then I think there is an onus on those dictating this to ensure that the replacement is fit for purpose! Accept that there may be a few teething issues but c'mon how long has this been going on? I sometimes wonder if Microsoft actually pay any attention to the issues that are being highlighted on their forums as seldom are any replies answered by Microsoft themselves mostly by independent technicians. Yet we as users seems to sit back and do nothing to force the provider to get things sorted once and for all! I mean, would you not complain if your car stopped in the road and when you sought advice you had to go and take the engine apart each time to fix it. Nope I think you would be back at the garage that sold you the car demanding action! As I felt this way I wondered if any 'Class' actions had been taken out against microsoft because of all the problems and sure enough there has been some but certainly not enough to put a dent in their profits!

Having all the issues with my existing laptop I even considered taking the plunge and buying a new machine but decided against this after reading about people who were having similar issues to me on machines that were only a few months or weeks old. So no guarantees with a new machine then but for microsoft every new machine with win10 installed is money in their coffers regardless if the operating system works properly or not! Does Microsoft really care about anything except its billions of $'s in the Bank! It would appear not!

I'm just a member of Joe Public, I'm not a technophobe and I think that if you are forced to upgrade anything then those that force this upon me should ensure that the upgrade is beneficial and if not then they should be held accountable in some way or form or at the very least continue with support to my existing platform until the upgrade is fully functional!

Just my opinion as Joe Public, thanks for reading

:)

Ianmantra, Jun 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Issues Galore!

Hi Rich,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error message on your computer?

We suggest you to refer the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681286

NOTE: Windows 8 and 8.1 steps applies to Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Issues Galore!

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform
    System File Checker
    (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected
    version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Method 3: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with
    Windows Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your
    Windows Update. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run Windows Update troubleshooter and BITS troubleshooter.

And also install all the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 issues galore

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 issues galore

1. Windows 10 issues galore - Similar Threads - issues galore

2. Screen issue .system text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen issue .system text: When downloading something while my stockage is at its limit the screen went blurred with rainbow colors on the texts after freeing some sapce n restarting the text in my system parameters became black boxes and the property box of any application turned to white with black...
  3. Screen issue .system text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen issue .system text: When downloading something while my stockage is at its limit the screen went blurred with rainbow colors on the texts after freeing some sapce n restarting the text in my system parameters became black boxes and the property box of any application turned to white with black...
  4. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  5. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  6. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

7. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  8. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  9. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  10. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...