Windows 10: Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections

Discus and support Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Screen brightness slider missing Brightness control does not working on windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community I have a Clevo p150hm with HD 6970M, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil88, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Phil88 Win User

Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections

Screen brightness slider missing

Brightness control does not working on windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

I have a Clevo p150hm with HD 6970M, and I found a solution after much effort:

1. First I installed the lastest AMD Drivers

2. Then I open the Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

3. Set KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2 to 0
    4. Restart your computer

This was also posted between 3. and 4., but it wasn't needed in my case, and it didn't show up:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001

Set KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2 to 0

:)

Phil88, Sep 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft Solitarie Collection

Hi,

There could be some changes on your computer that affects the resolution of your screen when you play. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Were there any updates installed on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Is it only happening with Microsoft Solitaire Collection?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve the concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections

resolution issues upon window 10 download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you connected dual monitors?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections

1. Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections - Similar Threads - issues resolutions collections

2. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  3. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  4. Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution issue: Hi, I have a Dell XPS15 7590 with a 4k display, when I change the setting of resolution from 4k to 1080p it turns the screen small I guess it shows the hole image in pixel need for 1080p but it appears smaller as It is 4k display. It's like this since a window update in...
  5. Resolution issues

Resolution issues: Whenever I open a game that opens riot games' Riot client my resolution changes to 640x480. I have tried uninstalling my graphics drivers and the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-issues/5723dd11-eee3-4c3b-9590-fb2d918c2f42
  6. Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution issue: so i have windows 10 on my pc and i was just doing my normal work idk what happened but my display resolutions are pretty much screwed my monitor resolution is 1920 X 1080 and its recommended in the windows settings as well but it wont fit my screen its enlarged i did...
  7. Resolution issues in Windows 10 Installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resolution issues in Windows 10 Installer: Hi Guys, this is my first thread. Im having some difficulty installing windows 10 on a Lenovo Miix 320. This is a notebook style tablet with a removable keyboard. This originally had Windows 10 64bit installed, however I wanted to try Elementary OS on it. The Live Linux USB...
  8. Resolution Issue

Resolution Issue: I have this problem on my pc where my resolution keeps changing automaticly and there isnt anything that I could do about. I tried everything like restalling drivers to updating them. I still fix this issue and I tried restarting my pc as well to see if that would have an...
  9. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: Hi There Over the weekend I bought a Lenovo U41 14" 256 SSD, 8GB RAM Laptop from John Lewis. I used to have a 3 15" HP Compaq. The lenovo came with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10. Its wonderfully fast and light weight. The problem I have is the resolution. It is...
  10. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: I have a GTX570 Phantom, and an LG E1911S-BN monitor. Recently, I started to have very weird resolution issues: while in some games, and all programs, everything runs fine at the monitor's resolution (1366x768, 60Hz), in certain games, upon selecting 1366x768 at full screen,...