Windows 10: Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects

Discus and support Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i have been busy, so i haven't a clue which day this started happening but i noted yesterday evening that my laptop had lost its internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Son Glen, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Son Glen Win User

Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects

Recently i have been busy, so i haven't a clue which day this started happening but i noted yesterday evening that my laptop had lost its internet connection despite being connected same to the wireless router i was using to browse the internet with my cellphone.

So i ran the usual troubleshooter which reported 'default dns unavailable' and this restored connectivity... I managed to refesh one web page and my emails and the third item? No connection to the internet. After multiple repeats i determined it was remaining connected for less that 10 seconds at a time.

So what do i do? Well i decided to try tweaking my dns settings, only to discover windows froze as soon as i typed any characters into the window...... Huh? Ok reboot time. And login works and i can access thr menus again and lockup on input. What the? How about command prompt to clear ip config.... Lockup, notepad? Lockup.

Third party game that has nothing to do with windows and doesn't need internet? Oh cool I can type HELP ME. Notepad again? Not a single character prints.

Freeze? Lockup? Whatever you want to call it, all tested windows aps enter a state of application unresponsive after typing seemingly any key on my keyboard or tested for my curiosity the on screen keyboard hilariously the osk remains functional when notepad freezes no characters are input no action happens just.... Unresponsive.

So i think i can rule out the freezing of applications from a hardware fault when some programs are unaffected. So what software broke my windows install? Well i haven't been using this machine for almost 2 weeks so i can eliminate a newly installed software, so logically that leaves updates and file corruption.

First how does one the cause of this problem without typing anything onto settings run prompts or command prompt and secondly how does one get the real files in once we isolate the problem.... I do have lan cables i could plug it into the router.

Hoping for a fix, stuck on my cellphone

Cheers

Glen

:)

Son Glen, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects

Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects

1. Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects - Similar Threads - issues Text input

2. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  3. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  4. Windows lockups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  5. I have a small issue with text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a small issue with text input: [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc All help appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly: How do I change settings to make my computer stop going into sleep nearly instantly? It's becoming a real issue, I can turn around to answer the phone and it goes into sleep mode, screens turn off. Please help!!...
  7. DNS Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  8. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  9. DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Server Issue with Windows 10: Since the May update of Window 10 internet hasn't worked on my PC. I get the following error: "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)" How do I fix?...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...