Windows 10: Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account

Discus and support Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have had an issue with my Windows 10 Home 1083 on a HP laptop which doesn't allow me to use it. About 3 months ago suddenly the Windows Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mjuliank, Sep 3, 2019.

1. mjuliank Win User

Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account

Hi, I have had an issue with my Windows 10 Home 1083 on a HP laptop which doesn't allow me to use it. About 3 months ago suddenly the Windows Audio service stopped working, leaving me with no sound on the laptop. After a lengthy service visit they told me it was a system problem as the sound worked fine on their Linux system.

I have tried the following:

- Installing new drivers - no new drivers available

- Restoring factory settings - every time I have tried it some error happens before the end and nothing changes

- Updating Windows - when I try to check for new updates it says that there are important updates lacking but there's an error message saying the last succesful connection to Windows Update was on May 29th

- Reinstalling Windows - I would need to first link my Windows serial code to my Microsoft account which I unfortunately cannot do, because it turns out I'm not logged into my MS account but a "local account" suddenly and I get the infamous grey box.

I have no idea what I can even do further, apart from formatting the C drive clean and paying for a new Windows licence (which I would prefer not to do)

:)

mjuliank, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account :(

Zakin, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account

1. Windows 10 issues with Windows Audio, Update, recovery and account - Similar Threads - issues Audio Update

2. Account Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery Issues: My previous account was accessed and the recovery email and password changed so I can no longer access the account. I've tried multiple times to use the account recovery request feature but every time it has been declined. I understand why as I can't give exact details as I...
  3. Account Recovery Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Recovery Issues: My previous account was accessed and the recovery email and password changed so I can no longer access the account. I've tried multiple times to use the account recovery request feature but every time it has been declined. I understand why as I can't give exact details as I...
  4. Account Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery Issues: I recently upgraded my personal computer and I am now in the process of migrating my information to the new pc. I forgot my windows password, but I have two factor authentication set up. I had the Authenticator App downloaded and went through approving the sign in and went to...
  6. Account Recovery Issues

Account Recovery Issues: I recently upgraded my personal computer and I am now in the process of migrating my information to the new pc. I forgot my windows password, but I have two factor authentication set up. I had the Authenticator App downloaded and went through approving the sign in and went to...
  7. Account Recovery Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 recovery issues.

Windows 10 recovery issues.: So I was going to give a windows 10 PC to a friend in need. I knew that I need to do a factory reset which I did, deleting all files. It ends up taking me to the user pin screen so I put my pin in but said user profile can't be found. Is there a workaround anyone might know...
  9. Windows 10 Update Issue and No Audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Issue and No Audio: Howdy, I've been having some issues that I've tried working through for the past few days. It started with my audio going out and the troubleshooter saying that an audio service wasn't working. I checked and out of "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio End Point Builder," it...
  10. account recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    account recovery windows 10: The password I set does not log into the computer any longer. The email address @ATT.net I set up for recovery no longer exists. they scrapped it How do I get into my computer to reset my password now?...