Windows 10: Windows 10 Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So im working on a friends computer and im getting the boot/bcd error... It's very annoying, im tech savvy and I have rebuilt the BCD multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015.

1. UltiFix Win User

Windows 10 Issues

So im working on a friends computer and im getting the boot/bcd error... It's very annoying, im tech savvy and I have rebuilt the BCD multiple times. Usually after I do Bootrec /fixMBR
    bootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD

It works, then next time I shutdown and start up again I get the same error!?!?!
    I tested with the cd/dvd burner unplugged to see if that was causing the issues. I have also tried with all pherierals removed exept the vga cable going to the display. Could a failing hard drive cause this? I have already gone ahead and backed up my friends data incase something goes wrong. I have an extra hard drive laying around.. Should I pop it in, and install windows 10 on it and see what happens?

P.S. This system originally had windows 7 on it but was upgraded to windows 10 but they have been using 10 succesfully for awhile. So im assuming this is NOT related.

Thanks for any help!
    Sam

:)

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Dec 11, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Issues

I would definitely check that disk for bad sectors etc.

CountMike, Dec 11, 2015
  5. UltiFix Win User
    So I actually ran the windows 10 automatic start up repair, and I think it fixed some disk errors. Im currently attempting to clone the drive and try the new drive out on the system to see if the issue stays with a different drive. Im almost wondering if it's just a bug, and a reinstall would fix it.

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    There are two copies of MBR/BOOT sectors but if there is an error on first one it generally can make problems during BOOT. Best would be to eliminate doubt in disk being error free. Every make of disks has utilities for checking and validating their HDDs.

CountMike, Dec 11, 2015
  7. UltiFix Win User
    Im running the boot chkdisk thing and its hung up on 0 percent? Is my drive good as dead?

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015
  8. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Issues

Steve C, Dec 11, 2015
  9. UltiFix Win User
    If it's windows 10 im assuming its uefi. I honestly think the drive just has some bad sectors. I tried chkdsk a few times but it was taking forever on 0 percent, so I stopped it. Now im just going to run chkdsk for awhile and see what happens...

Think I harmed anything by shutting the pc off in the middle of a chkdsk?

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015
  10. UltiFix Win User
    So weird, iv been running the disk check for clsoe to an hour and it's still at zero percent?

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Checkdisk is looking only for file integrity, what you need is test program from disks manufacturer !!

CountMike, Dec 11, 2015
  12. UltiFix Win User
    So figure out the disk brand and do a google search?

UltiFix, Dec 11, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Issues

CountMike, Dec 12, 2015
  14. UltiFix Win User
    UltiFix, Dec 12, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    Check it anyway, you can find model number in Device manager.

CountMike, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Issues

1. Windows 10 Issues - Similar Threads - Issues

2. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  3. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  4. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  6. Issues setting up new laptop windows 11

Issues setting up new laptop windows 11: Im setting up my new lapbook S15 512GB i am stuck on ‘let microsoft and apps use your location’ i am unable to click on yes or no and accept is greyed out. Please advise as i am unable to continue set up...
  7. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  8. Monitor Issue

Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  9. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Shift Key Issue

Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. input pherierals