Windows 10: Windows 10 - it comes down to understanding all this technical stuff.

Discus and support Windows 10 - it comes down to understanding all this technical stuff. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello out there Firstly I would like to point out that the topic I selected is just so I can post this discussion point and really its all about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ianmantra, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Ianmantra Win User

Windows 10 - it comes down to understanding all this technical stuff.

Hello out there

Firstly I would like to point out that the topic I selected is just so I can post this discussion point and really its all about Windows 10 in its entirety.

For years I had a laptop that had Windows 7 and prior to that used windows XP Pro and both served me well with a few blips that were easily sorted through reading articles or indeed by fixes provided by Microsoft downloads (ie trouble shooters that provided a fix). Now I am just an ordinary guy with no great skills when it comes down to understanding all this technical stuff. I finally had to use Windows 10 after my old laptop gave up the ghost with a physical burnout of the motherboard.

Fortunately I knew someone who was selling a reasonably good spec Sony Vaio (i5 processor, 6mb Ram 1TB) and it was a good price and obviously it had Windows 10. All was going well, updates installing automatically, no issues and I always noticed on the update page that it was saying a new update was coming but it was not here yet but be prepared and finally I think it became available sometime in the first half of this year. Yayy!! Since then I have never experienced so many problems with crashes, sound not working, cortana not responding, search box not working, start button not working.................tried fix after fix, tried trouble shooters which indicated a problem but did not offer to fix them, uninstalled updates, only to be faced with the same problems within short space of time, restored to earlier working point and then when problems occurred again after a few days maybe weeks found that restore point had vanished! Have had more blue screens in the space of a few months than I ever had in years of using XP Pro and Windows 7!

Having trolled through page after page here and also on Google I am amazed to see how many people are suffering the same or similar problems and I find it amazing that this has been going on for years and still there is no fix provided by the people who forced millions of people to switch to this operating system yet do not appear to be able to fix issues with their own operating system. It was also noted that there were many people who said they were going to invest in a Mac and if I was Apple I would be thinking the time is ripe to corner the market as Windows does appear to be a failing system. Sometimes I wish I was a Wizz kid at programming and had the ability to develop my own operating system as I could become a Billionaire overnight, well maybe a little bit longer!

At the end of the text box, last words.....Microsoft please offer a fix that works (and one that allows everyone to keep their data and personal applications, one that can be downloaded and make everything work once and for all! thank you.

:)

Ianmantra, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Kari, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - it comes down to understanding all this technical stuff. - Similar Threads - comes down understanding

2. Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!: First of all, I don't think Microsoft promoting their own programs in their own os should be called advertisment because it's not third-party. Call it whatever you wanna. Remove various messages from the lockscreen. Settings -> Personaliztion -> Lockscreen -> disable...
  3. How to request a full details technical report from Microsoft for all the technical report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to request a full details technical report from Microsoft for all the technical report: All product that related to Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-request-a-full-details-technical-report/e60a33cc-8050-43c4-9764-81f4bfa2cebe
  4. windows technical

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows technical: I gave my friend my account to download a game and after it was finished being downloaded they signed out of my account and now there background keeps changing to mine and there mouse curser keeps changing to mine...
  5. Understanding Windows 10 backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Understanding Windows 10 backup: Anticipating some significant changes to my desktop PC, I did a backup to my networked (if that's the correct term?) QNAP NAS. However, this left me with a few questions so I'd really appreciate some explanations. I've backed up several times already to my NAS when using...
  6. What's with all this repetitive stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's with all this repetitive stuff?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shannybabayaga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il08m3/whats_with_all_this_repetitive_stuff/
  7. all my stuff is gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...
  8. All clicking stuff is not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All clicking stuff is not working properly: I was playing Minecraft on my laptop with chrome open, only 3 tabs, one was playing music on youtube music, cookie clicker was open in another tab, and a selected “new tab” to stop youtube music from playing long ads, besides that, i had open steam and a auto clicker i used...
  9. do technical people understand the error shown in this picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    do technical people understand the error shown in this picture: do technical people understand the error shown in this picture Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. regards. 143906
  10. Windows Threshold Technical Preview: All about feedback

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold Technical Preview: All about feedback: Windows Threshold is getting really darn close to being ready for its public release. With the 30th of September quickly approaching, Microsoft is starting to put the final pieces together to create a release of the build that is ready for public consumption. The preview...