Windows 10: Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs

Discus and support Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Roughly two days ago I updated (or believed to have) Windows 10 on my PC, or at least the night before. The other night, the fuse went out in my room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CeleBelly, Dec 14, 2018.

1. CeleBelly Win User

Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs

Roughly two days ago I updated (or believed to have) Windows 10 on my PC, or at least the night before. The other night, the fuse went out in my room and shut off my computer that's plugged into a surge protector I have. Both the protector's lights are still on indicating it's still working properly and didn't have to absorb any electricity, though my computer has been acting strange ever since.

1. And most importantly to me, edges are now choppy and jagged both on my desktop and in games. I've a Radeon RX 480 I installed into my tower almost 2 years ago. At first I thought it was an issue with it and dug into just about every Radeon setting that was provided. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it completely as well as the settings, though during the lapse where it wasn't installed before reinstalling it, the jaggedness was still present without my graphics card running, so I don't believe that's the issue?

2. A few months back my power button broke, leaving me to often have to put my computer to sleep at night as opposed to turning it off, though roughly once a week I'll restart it, though because of my tinkering with my graphics card I've been having to restart it often. For whatever reason, when I restart it now it turns completely off and "forgets" to turn back on, making me have to open my tower and touch the prongs with a screwdriver to power it back on each and every time. I'm not sure if these problems are related, though they started happening at the same time.

My issue with 2 isn't ideal but I can live with it. I'd like some suggestions to 1 if possible. Not only, as a gamer, does the jaggedness bother me but it also actually causes one of my games, Heroes of the Storm, to now run with frames all over the place. I've also tried messing around with different resolutions and the likes on my desktop and I can't seem to find or fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

I've also tried uninstalling the past few windows updates, changing my refresh rate, using a different HDMI and defragmenting. Still nothing.

:)

CeleBelly, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

jagged edges arround small pictures and icons

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your icon issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering the same issue with your desktop icons?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 App/Program to overlay images in a video

Hi,

Most programs that are created for earlier versions of Windows will work in Windows 10, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. Running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter should automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues.
    If that doesn’t work, try changing the settings manually. You can follow the steps below to run your program in compatibility mode:

• Press right-click on the program.
    • Select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Click on Run compatibility troubleshooter first. If the program did not run using the compatibility troubleshooter, you can manually edit the compatibility settings.

If you are still unable to run the program using the compatibility mode, you can check the Windows Store for other video editing applications.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs - Similar Threads - Jagged Edges Images

2. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  3. Poor programming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor programming: Someone who is writing code for Sudoku needs to actually play the game before deciding it's ready for prime time. Several issues persist: 1. Using the game app on different Windows 10 devices does not have access to the last game played on a different device. The record of...
  4. Graphical issues, the jagged/fuzzy look in programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical issues, the jagged/fuzzy look in programs: Hi. The title says it. I have this problem for over a month now and asked this question two times on this site, got no help. Here are some examples of some programs: Minecraft Launcher. Minecraft. Blockbench. My PC: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 12GB RAM GEFORCE 940MX...
  5. Resolution problems with some programs Programs look jagged/paralyzed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution problems with some programs Programs look jagged/paralyzed: Hi. The title says it. I have this problem for over a month now. Here are some examples of some programs: Minecraft Launcher. Minecraft. Blockbench. My PC: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 12GB RAM GEFORCE 940MX Intel Core i5-7200U 225GB SSD The problem isn't about...
  6. Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed): Hey Guys, I am using a HP Stream 13 Notebook as the desktop rig aint working at the moment. Notebook is running Windows 10 ver 2004 and is hooked to upto external Dell FHD monitor. The problem is that the text displayed is not in Clear Text instead it looks like the old...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG: Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti. I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better....
  8. Games running Poorly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games running Poorly.: Ever since the latest update, games that were once running smoothly (60-120fps) are now struggling to get to 40-30fps. I was on the phone all day yesterday with Nividia and of course they say the problem is with the windows update. I’ve rolled my drivers back twice, same...
  9. Laptop running poorly for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running poorly for gaming: An update for Geforce and Windows came about, so I updated them both and restarted my laptop. I went to play some games afterwards then suddenly I noticed a major frame drop issue... What I did was I checked to see if my drivers are up to date (which they are), checked my...
  10. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jagged edges windows

2. windows jagged edges

3. how to reduce jagged edges on windows 10

4. windows 10 all windows jagged,
  5. jagged edges windows 10