Windows 10: Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amees_MD, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Amees_MD Win User

Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Hi All,

After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless.

Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any one help in getting logged-in into machine without loosing my applications and data. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Amees

:)

Amees_MD, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jan 17, 2019
  4. londiste Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates - Similar Threads - Jan 2019 Updates

2. I am unable to update windows 10 since 14 jan 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to update windows 10 since 14 jan 2019: I have been unable to update Windows 10 since 14 Jan 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-update-windows-10-since-14-jan-2019/0572c791-d59c-41a8-80fa-fe0a4a65931d
  3. Classsic Shell for Windows 10 Jan, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classsic Shell for Windows 10 Jan, 2019: I purchased Windows 10 Jan, 2019 and I installed a classic shell to make it look more familiar. Now Winodws start with window 7 and I can't locate Windows 10. How do I uninstall the classic shell...
  4. INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update: We were expecting a fix for the September bug that switches off internet and in October a minor solution was in the update though not perfect. In November Microsoft update uploads the same bug that switches off internet in Intel based PC's and Laptops. It then uploads a...
  5. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...: The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-of-windows-10-jan-2019-deleted/262ccb5a-e035-4453-90e9-6215c2504fe4
  6. Jan 2019 update black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jan 2019 update black screen: Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jan-2019-update-black-screen/4b891eb3-2a1f-4b58-9371-9730ef0a513a
  7. System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019: My PC attempted to install an update about a week ago, but got stuck halfway through and gave me a black screen. After letting it sit overnight, I manually powered down and restarted it. Subsequent startups got to login screen, enter pw, then setup.exe unexpected hard...
  8. HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Jan 2019 update now a blue screen of death: The new update processed on my HP pavilion laptop. I now have the blue screen of death with Service Exception Error. It will not run in an advanced safe mode, it will not process recovery, and it will not revert to previous versions. A system check that was able to get...
  9. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update: I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my...
  10. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...